Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Lovefilm
  • fathomer

Quick question, we’re looking at joining Lovefilm on the cheapest disc package. I just wanted to know how quickly they turn around the discs, on average.

Supposing I send back a disc Monday, roughly when would I expect to get one back?

Oh, and has anyone got a decent trial kicking about 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

I find they are usually sent out pretty much by return so mostly no more than couple of days, unless they don’t have what is in your list.

You would probably get one back by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest, depending on availability.

sc-xc

I can’t answer your disc return question, but I have a couple of codes for 2 months free if you would like?

legend
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member
    I find they are usually sent out pretty much by return so mostly no more than couple of days, unless they don’t have what is in your list.

That’s what I’ve found with them too, always seems to be a rapid service

labsey
    Free Member

You would probably get one back by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest, depending on availability

This. We posted some back yesterday morning and I had an email before saying my next rentals have been dispatched.

Edit. Just read that you’re on the cheapest package so no games. IIRC you can only rent so many in a month on the cheapest package so turnaround might be affected by that.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

I have found them to be pretty responsive on all things so far. Had a few cases where the discs have arrived before / the same day as the email notification that they are sending it out to me. Had a disk that was freezing recently so sent it back and raised an issue. Resolved very quickly. Although I am still not sure about the value of the service to me ie is it worth it, I can’t knock the service itself in how it delivers.

fathomer

Cheers fellas. No games and the cheapest one gets you 3 discs a month, which is about right for what we want.

sc-xc – that’d be great, my emails in my profile.

labsey
    Free Member

Learn to prioritise though if there’s a film you really want. Otherwise it just randomly picks from you list irregardless of how long the film has been on there.

The app is pretty good if your phone supports it.

Cougar

I’ve got some two month free codes if anyone else wants one. It’s the longest offer they do.

dobo
    Free Member

i posted mine wednesday night so effectivley thursday morning i got an email today friday at 9.15 saying what they recieved and got another email at 4pm saying what they had posted. so hopefully tomorrow i shal recieve my new film. you cant argue with that.

sc-xc

Sent you a mail fathomer

Jamie
    Free Member

Currently on a free 3 month unlimited trial. So far I have just used it for games, but has been a very quick turnaround from return, to a new one dropping on the mat.

…saying that, it might be because I am in the same city as their warehouse.

Cougar

Currently on a free 3 month unlimited trial

How’d you swing that? I’ve been lied to.

fathomer

Thanks to sc-xc I’m now up and running on a 2 month free trial!

Jamie
    Free Member

How’d you swing that? I’ve been lied to.

Got it via this.

It’s normally £11ish a month. So will be cancelling it before 20th Feb when it runs out, as the online streaming is rubbish and I only use it for games. So would rather buy them, then sell them once played, or keep them for online gaming.

chrisa87
    Free Member

I’ve often gotten discs before the e-mail coming through. Usually only 3-4 days. Also the app is good for when you have those i wouldn’t mind watching that moments, but would otherwise forget.

bokonon
    Free Member

as the online streaming is rubbish

I’ve always found the online streaming really good – depends what you want to watch and your connection I suppose.

dobo
    Free Member

only problem with the online streaming is you cant stream it to your TV! only your laptop, unless you plug your laptop into the tv of course, but who want to do that with the available tech.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve always found the online streaming really good – depends what you want to watch and your connection I suppose.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant the offerings, specifically the films. I guess they cannot help it, as it must be licensing reasons why the streaming titles are a year or 2 behind the physical releases.

only problem with the online streaming is you cant stream it to your TV! only your laptop, unless you plug your laptop into the tv of course, but who want to do that with the available tech.

I stream mine through the Xbox app. Works great.

bazwadah
    Free Member

I’m streaming ok to my TV but through the wii, works ok even on my 2mb broadband. I found turnaround of 2-3 days mostly, only problem I have is checking what my wife puts on the list.. got “new years eve” through last week!!

labsey
    Free Member

only problem I have is checking what my wife puts on the list.. got “new years eve” through last week!!

I know your pain.

robbo
    Free Member

Just got cable and the streaming is impressive on a Samsung Smart TV. Speed gone from 3mbps to 30mbps and it makes a big difference. Yes the streaming range is a bit limited but backed by a 3 disc package there’s always something to watch.

bokonon
    Free Member

only problem I have is checking what my wife puts on the list.. got “new years eve” through last week!!

Multiple lists!

You can set it up so you get one disc per list, rather than just 3 discs from 1 big list – my wife and I have a list each and the kids have one – we have one disc at a time for everyone, it works very well.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Lovefilm’ is closed to new replies.