Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lovefilm
  • becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I'm coming to the end of my 14 day free trial. Have enjoyed a few free films so now it is time to cancel before they take any money.

Has anyone had difficulty cancelling their subscription?

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

A friend of mine had problems cancelling because they won't cancel your subscription while you still have a DVD on the go. So you need to make sure that your "list" is empty and you have returned the last film and they have received it before cancelling.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

yes. I had an argument on exactly when I cancelled. Make sure you get your cancellation in early if you can and also do what he said above

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Slower than expected postmen mean my dvd hasn't got back in time (didn't realise it would need to be back 2 days before they take payment). I think I've agreed for them to charge me £3.99 (their cheapest monthly fee), so that I can cancel before the end of next month (I say I think I have because it was rather difficult to understand the 2 people that I spoke too!)

Lesson learnt: be more organised!

Drac

Pains in the arse tried to cancel said they didn't have the CD so reported it lost on return and cancelled. They kept emailing me saying add some films to your collection please, cancelled again. They sent a film a few weeks later, sent it back and cancelled again. Months went by and then I get a third part warning me I'd not sent back the film and now had to pay for that plus admin fee. Lovefilm weren't interested and I really couldn't be arsed to argue.

**** YOU LOVEFILM! 😕

rootes1

you should have no issues at all, log in and unsub – done it lots works fine

you can also resub easy at anytime with your old details

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Skinflints.

They give a great service IMO. Just ponsing a few free DVDs then cancelling is the work of a pikey.

thatscold
    Free Member

Skinflints.

They give a great service IMO. Just ponsing a few free DVDs then cancelling is the work of a pikey. 😆

vinnyeh

send the last dvd back recorded delivery.
    No offence to the posties but I wouldn't trust 1st or 2nd class for anything time critical, or where you need proof of delivery, or date of delivery

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

and you can only do it once…. really doesn't seem worth the effort.

We use the Pre-pay/PAYG service that they don't really publicise. £30 buys you 15 discs to use within 6 months with 2 discs at home at a time. If you use it early you get billed another £30, if you don't use 15 discs by the end of 6 montsh you lose them.

Drac

They give a great service IMO. Just ponsing a few free DVDs then cancelling is the work of a pikey.

Or those that aren't happy with their shit service. Many don't get shit service I did.

BigJohn

You will be told you should have cancelled yesterday. Mrs BigJohn did the same and almost missed out on the next cancellation time slot.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Oooo you might have to pay 3.99 for another month and have to watch a couple more dvd's! 😥

phil.w
    Free Member

for those who actually have continued past the free trial, on the unlimited packages realistically how many films can you get a month considering postage times? (assuming you watch it the day it turns up and post it next day)

i ask as my local blockbuster does 4 for £10 new releases or 5 for £5 older stuff – you only get a week to watch them but i'm not sure if it works out better value or not.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lovefilm’ is closed to new replies.