Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Love nature?
  • Bunnyhop

The rspb are having another Big Garden Birdwatch, this time it also includes other garden creatures.

Watch the birds and animals in your garden for 1 hour anytime from 4-12 June.
    More details of how and where to submit your findings here; http://www.rspb.org.uk/naturecount

Good fun for the children too.

Bunnyhop

I just thought I’d give this another bump. Baby robins anyone?

Let’s all get out there and watch the birdies.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

There used to be Peregrine Falcons near here.

Then they cleared the area of urban wilderness to make way for the Olympics. And the Peregrines disappeared. 🙁

Lots of young waterfowl around at the mo. Psychle and I saw two swans with a whole creche last week. Coon’t possibly have bin all their own! There were loads of cygnets.

Some Great Tits just opposite me.

I’ve got a pair of pheasants in the field by my place.
    When I was shovelling hardcore out of my trailer on to the track, they were coming right up to within about 2m of me.

timber

Today at work have seen redstarts, some wagatail jobby, sparrow hawk, kingfisher, red kite, crow, greater spotted wood pecker and a bunch of other little brown jobbies – I’m not that much of a bird person, would have to ask the gaffer what they were, though he’s a bit miffed he didn’t see the kingfisher.

chorlton
    Free Member

Don’t worry Elfin. The Peregrine will be hanging around for all the pigeons that will feed on the crap left over from the games. Easy pickings. 🙂

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Shame they can’t extend the hours.

We live in a standard house, surrounded by standard houses, standard size garden.

We get deer, pheasants, partridges, woodpeckers, a duck family with 10 ducklings, a sparrowhawk, and then all the usual suspects (22 other bird species, squirrels, hedgehog, etc.).

Bunnyhop

Wow TuckerUK that sounds good.

Maybe do an hour per day over the few days remaining and put in the best score.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Love nature?’ is closed to new replies.