Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Love Film
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Anyone use their streaming service? I have the feature on my PS3, and I’ve just ordered a TV with the same thing. Is it any good? I think you can get unlimited streaming for the £10/month package.

winrya
    Free Member

The streaming works fine, just don’t expect any new films on there. It’s the older film collection on demand unfortunately. If they could get the entire collection on there to stream I’d sign back up instantly, as it is, it’s not good enough.

Cougar

I’ve got a “two months free trial” offer through the post this morning, if you want to try it out.

jon1973
    Free Member

I may well give it a trail, I’m always getting emails as I was a member a few years back. I guess the main reason for joining would be the Blu-Ray rental, so the streaming is just a bonus really. The only thing that slightly annoys me about Love Film is the recurring payment thing, they don’t seem to do a direct debit option.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve tried Love Film on more than one occasion, and always end up cancelling my subscription. The postal model just doesn’t work for me and the streaming – whilst technically great – just doesn’t offer a decent enough selection. Qriocity is available on my Sony BD player so I assume it is on the PS3 too. It offers streaming movies but on a PAYG model and with more up-to-date movies. That’s what I use, but no cheaper than nipping to the rental shop if you have one near.

binners

jon1973 – I pay by DD for Love Film. Get on the site and have a look. I find them great. You can pre-order Blu-Ray so you get them as soon as they’re released. And now you get 2 posted out at once. We’ve always got a couple of decent films kicking about to watch

We’ve got Animal Kingdom for tonight which looks promising

hels
    Free Member

I love Love Film, pay by direct debit too. £13 a month for as many discs as I can watch, 3 at home at a time, free online films as many as I want, but yes it is the back catalogue and I don’t use it much.

veedubba

I’ve just finished with Lidl Movies, which was just as good but cheaper than Lovefilm by a bit. Shame that the company running it has gone t1ts up… Glad I didn’t pay for 12 months in advance like they asked.

Lovefilm’s probably got the best selection and quickest postal service of the ones I’ve tried (Blockbuster, Lidl, Paradiso) though.

Netflix is supposed to be launching in the UK next year and gets lots of good write ups, so it might be worth waiting for that as a streaming service.

banks
    Free Member

I love it, pay by DD & the streaming service is ace, dangerous when come home pissed list count how many times I’ve watched the good the bad & the ugly. Well worth the money

s4rpf
    Free Member

Ive been using them for awhile and really like them though they can be a bit slow to get some new titles.

And I just got the love film gift sub from amazon black friday 6 months for 17.50 so cant really moan for that price.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I’ve been using lovefilm for years for DVDs and now blurays. For me the steaming is fine on a laptop
    – but on a decent sized tv (mines a 37″ I think) the definition is just not high enough via the ps3. Until that’s improved I’ll stick to discs in the post

ericemel
    Free Member

I have been using it for years now – great service. For me the main appeal is the bluray libary but we also use the streaming on both TV (Via mini mac) and on the ipad (in bed!) on a regular basis – but the streaming film choice is limited to say the least!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Love Film’ is closed to new replies.