Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Louise Werner of Sleeper on BBC Breakfast
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

God they were rubbish! Some music really doesn't age well at all, maybe it was never good.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Saw them on a few occasions. May have had a wee crush on Louise.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i fancied her, had to feel sorry for her way back in the mid 90's though, they supported the manics at the hieght of the holy bible phase in cardiff.

she was bottled and she ended up walking off after a mass chant of "GET YOUR T*TS OUT… GET YUOR T*TS OUT GET YOUR T*TS OUT FOR THE LADS"

I was 17

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How's Louise looking these days? She's written a book or something hasn't she?

rOcKeTdOg

"the it girl" was a great album

DezB
    Free Member

maybe it was never good

Nail on head.

iain1775
    Free Member

she has a funny name, it sounds kinda rude
    *snigger*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Well I fancied her a bit back in the day, but seeing old pictures of her I can't think why.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

It Girl – One of the best albums to come out of the whole "britpop" era, both musically and lyrically – up there with Parklife IMO.

clubber
    Free Member

I listened to some of their stuff the other day (the best thing about digital music I reckon – "shuffle all" playing things you'd never think to play otherwise) and some of it does seem pretty average but I still think some of it's great – inbetweener in particular springs to mind.

LW was pretty hot in her day though – remember being quite suprised when seeing her in person in a small concert since she's nothing special to look at in the pics.

IHN

Sleeper were ace

Louise Wener is a goddess who walks amongst us (well, she was, not sure how she's looking now).

This is all fact, and I slap my glove across the face of any bounder who dares says otherwise.

swoosh
    Free Member

There's an LW apreciation society on facebook.

I used to really like her back in the day, not sure why, maybe it was because she always appeared to be cold. 😆

The It Girl is still a good album. IMHO of course

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Around that time I had more of a soft spot for the lass who fronted Republica (Saffron?), although I suspect I wouldn't have refused miss Werner a warming hug on a cold night.

iain1775
    Free Member

she was better than the mingers in Echobelly (both visually and musically), I'll give her that

DezB
    Free Member

But Echobelly did 'King of the Kerb' didn't they? That still sounds good. At least they had one song, whereas Sleeper…

hugorune

Can't believe i'm the first to post this……….This thread is pointless without pics 😡

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hugo – Use your memory it is much better than the reality. LW had a gunt. Fact.

beaker

Oddly enough she was on tv on bbc4 a couple of nights ago. It was a program about britpop. I used to have a bit of thing for her back in the 90's but I have to say time hasn't been kind. She looked a bit of a mess, was seven months pregnant and for want of a better expression looked a bit tired….

Dark-Side

Nice Guy Eddie soundtracked a memorable evening for me seducing two sisters at a house party.

birky
    Free Member

maybe it was because she always appeared to be cold

This thread is pointless without pics

😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Louise Werner of Sleeper on BBC Breakfast’ is closed to new replies.