Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Louis Theroux – what a bell end!
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

That is all!

warton
    Free Member

why?

djglover
    Free Member

At least a bell end has balls. Not like you you fanny

GlitterGary
    Free Member

To be honest, some of his programmes have been the best I’ve ever seen. Weird Weekends was an amazing series. He should have done an episode on mountain bikers. 😆

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Because he tries to infiltrate gangs and just ends up looking like a stupid english Hugh Grant wannabe.
    dj – stfu

rOcKeTdOg

may i suggest Sir uses the remote? he obviously fascinates you enough to watch him

warton
    Free Member

would you go in there? would you ****. He does a very good job in getting into places other people don’t / can’t get into. his programme on inner city america was brilliant.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

if there was cash on the table like he undoubtedly gets then of course!

yunki
    Free Member

I don’t think you grasp the concept of Louis Theroux’s disarming style of investigative journalism perhaps ralph..?

The blokes a genius.. with massive cojones.. and he utilises the Hugh Grant buffoonery to perfection with startling results..

I haven’t seen any of his latest series but I’ve watched most of his work… brilliant

warton
    Free Member

would you prefer it if he tried to talk street to them?

aracer
    Free Member

I used to think similar, but if you watch him with the right attitude you realise he’s actually a genius. Who else gets to film the people he does and get them to be so open?

convert

and just ends up looking like a stupid english Hugh Grant wannabe

It’s an act – think Columbo – act a bit simple and a prim englisher and the nutters that he spends his time in front of the camera with are put off their guard and open up more than if he went in all Paxmanesque. In real life he is ferociously intelligent – 1st class Oxbridge degree.

Saw him in Ikea once having an argument with his other half about a cupboard. Seemed a very regular guy & not a tall like his on screen persona.

highclimber
    Free Member

……Troll!

skidartist
    Free Member

act a bit simple and a prim englisher and the nutters that he spends his time in front of the camera with are put off their guard and open up more than if he went in all

Its called Socratic Irony. And Thoreux is very good at it. (so was Socrates but he’s not on telly so much these days)

samuri
    Free Member

I think he’s pretty good too. What you see on TV is clearly an act, I’m surprised the people he interviews can’t see it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought tonight’s program was absolutely brilliant – the best thing I’ve seen on the telly for a while. I didn’t mean to watch it, I was suppose to make a phone call, but kept saying to myself “another five minutes”……..never made the phone call.

I’ve always liked working with Nigerians, but after tonight I like them even more………they really were lovable rogues 🙂

Although of course for their country’s and people’s sake, they really need to sort themselves out.

The ‘police-type’ chief was ace, but I was really quite upset by the sight of poor fecker who had his shop smashed up by his men.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ve always liked his stuff. Missed this one though. There’s about a billion other people on telly to slag off before Theroux.

hels
    Free Member

Louis Theroux is responsible for my favorite ever piece of TV.

The one about the KKK in America. They were sat on the lawn trying to decide if it was better to light the flaming cross before you erect it, or after. All very corporate team-building exercise. Brilliant.

cuckoo
    Free Member

His apparent bumbling style disarms the people he infiltrates who think he is

a stupid english Hugh Grant wannabe

then he hits them with the questions no one else dare ask.

Last night he was sat there with the union (mafia) head asking what service the “area boys” provide to the community for the money they collect from the shopkeepers, anyone else daring to ask that would probably have got a bullet!

ivantate
    Free Member

There are far worse/less talented people on TV. Strangely most are on talent shows.

white101

Its good to have something interesting to watch on a sunday evening. Did anybody look at ITV on Saturday night? absolute crap.

Anyway, I like Louis and his ‘style’, weird weekends was great and his meetings with Terre Blanche a few years ago was interesting stuff.
    Better him than Fearne Cotton interviewing Beth Ditto on itv2

spacemonkey

I didn’t take to him when he first started, but that was more a case of me not being that interested in his work at the time. Have watched a few of his shows since and IMO he’s a top bloke who’s very adept at getting on the inside of whoever (or whatever) he wants to “investigate.”

Jamie
    Free Member

racing_ralph:
    if there was cash on the table like he undoubtedly gets then of course!

Tell me about it. All those documentarians driving round in Bentleys makes me sick.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Agree with most of the above, his way of bimbling into a question that they cannot believe he has asked & then him shutting up and letting them dig themselves a large hole is brilliant.

Thoroughly enjoyed the program last night.

brassneck

I think he’s pretty good too. What you see on TV is clearly an act, I’m surprised the people he interviews can’t see it.

I can help you with that, they generally seem to be American.

Missed it, but always enjoys his programs.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sometimes though he is at risk of coming over as mocking his subjects for the sake of a cheap laugh. This does make me a little uncomfortable at times. Dunno if he means it or not though.

I can help you with that, they generally seem to be a bit dim and also American

Fixed that.

andy_hamgreen

really enjoyed the programme last night as well.

obviously his technique whooshes over the head of some people…..generally the dim… 🙂

imp999
    Free Member

Jimmy Saville knew exactly what Louis’ game was and still let him in side!
    That was an odd show.

wwaswas

Agree – Louis Theroux style works a treat.

re: Jiimy Saville – I think he genuinely doesn’t give a t*ss what anyone thinks of him – his ‘in the psychiatrists chair’ on R4 a few years back was truly wierd.

aracer
    Free Member

Sometimes though he is at risk of coming over as mocking his subjects for the sake of a cheap laugh. This does make me a little uncomfortable at times.

Not me. Generally the people he mocks deserve all they get. He tends to laugh along with people who don’t take themselves too seriously and doesn’t mock those who deserve sympathy.

molgrips
    Free Member

Generally the people he mocks deserve all they get.

Ah yes. It’s plain to see who these idiots are. All right thinking people can see that. 🙄

(what I mean is, just because you think someone’s daft doesn’t make it so)

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

bit of inverse snobbery from the OP?

Theroux is a star – is able to seem genuinely interested in people – and gets stuff out of them.

RustyNissanPrairie

I’d rather watch Simon Cowell.

not. another great program last night from Louis

kaiser
    Free Member

great entertainment not recommended for dimwits though.

aracer
    Free Member

(what I mean is, just because you think someone’s daft doesn’t make it so)

He doesn’t generally mock people just because they’re daft though.

molgrips
    Free Member

Seems to me to occasionally mock people because they go against commonly accepted ideas of what’s normal.

I don’t like that.

Not all the time mind – plenty of hits, some misses.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Louis Theroux – what a bell end!’ is closed to new replies.