Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Loughborough mountain bike routes
  • nunuboogie
    Free Member

Where can you cycle in Loughborough? This is not my usual cycling ground and was disappointed today at the unfriendly attitude to cycling, everywhere seems to be out of bounds! Cycled to the beacon but severe lack of routes available, even gravel roads marked no cycling! Managed to find a route to the outwoods, but the warden came to meet us in the carpark and made it absolutely clear you could not even set tyres in the woods!

swampi
    Free Member

you need to head over to thringstone, to the woods at the rear of ruby’s chippy some great stuff in there

chamberlain30
    Free Member

Swampi is right the woods there are great! 😆 Either ride over from Loughborough or park up at the car park on the edge of the woods on Swannymote Road

PGreen
    Free Member

Yeah as above Whitwick(the area mentioned above is good). There are routes up to the beacon and around the swithland which are mainly offroad. Wardens have potential to tell you off, I personally work on the principle of avoid times they are likely to be there, there is a gem of a piece of singletrack in a restricted area in park across from swithland. Cheeky is the only way around there as long as you are sensible and slow/stop for other people I dont think there is much of an issue. Use an OS map and your nose and you’re in for a treat.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Thanks may head that way next time but its a shame you can’t take advantage of what looks like great riding straight outside the front door though 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Loughborough mountain bike routes’ is closed to new replies.