Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lots of sneezing – will I die?
  • pondo

I feel pretty ok, if ever so slighty bunged up, but from no sneezing in the normal scheme of my day to day activities, today I’ve been blasting off good and proper, at work and at home. So I’m wondering whether there’s a bit of a cold on the way – are there any downsides to cracking on with the cycle commute tomorrow, or is my cold, dead body going to be found encased in a shell of solidified nose ammo?

grantway
    Free Member

Only if you stop breathing

ricky1
    Free Member

It’s awfully I had it last week,cue the streaming nose,you need Vaseline handkerchiefs it’s going to get sore is your nose,you have been warned!!!

slackalice
    Free Member

Not wishing to be the harbinger of doom… That’s how my cold started in early Feb. well, the sneezing and then the coughing.

6 weeks later, I’m starting to feel normal again. Lost my voice and hearing for a couple of weeks and am quite frankly in awe of how much mucus and snot my body is capable of producing.

None of the various cold remedies touched it and I’ve been thoroughly miserable with no energy, with the thought of work for the last 3 weeks a stupid folly.

Yours of course, will hopefully be different and will pass by. 😀

CountZero

Start to worry when the green goo filling up your tissues suddenly turns grey… 😉

cannondaleking
    Free Member

it wont kill you but how many brain cells die with each sneeze???????? only worry when you cant ride or fix your bike 😆

kayak23

I’ve done a bit of googling, and it seems most likely you have the plague. You will almost certainly die from this I’m afraid. Still, chin up…

pondo

Well, that’s better than cat aids. 😀

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Get on the bike and MTFU.
    Heat yourself up good and proper and regularly clear your nose using whichever technique you prefer (No witness snot rockets for me 😀 ).

I actually feel better for being out on the bike when I have a cold.

Alternatively wallow in your own misery

hooli

Sounds like AvarianSwineDeadlyManFlu, deadly. Good luck old chap

HughStew

It’s Ebola, that’s not snot, it’s your brain being turned into mush.

Alternatively you have allergic rhinitis – hayfever. I developed this in my early 40’s, very irritating. Take antihistamines – Wowcher have an offer of 6 months supply for a few quid.

pondo

Well, I wussed out of commuting, just could not be bothered when the alarm went off. 🙁 But on the bright side, I haven’t sneezed at all today (so far), so if it IS a cold/the plague/AvarianSwineDeadlyManFlu/Ebola, I appear to have fought it off. Definitely back on the bike tomorrow – huzzah! 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

My bike is – hopefully! – still chained up at work after I rode in yesterday and then got brought home after what I suspect was vertigo from a cold/ear infection. Didn’t fancy 12 canalside miles home with suspect balance

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lots of sneezing – will I die?’ is closed to new replies.