Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lots of bikers meeting at Fritham today 5ish…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Was sat in the Royal Oak having a pint. Anyone know if that was an arranged ride/club?

Seemed to be too many people to be just mates out for a ride.

scaredypants

<pricks up ears>

wasn't me 😥

(thinking about it, a mate is in the round table & they're having a bike ride soonish. Didn't think they were meeting there but might well have stopped for a beer ??)

DT78
    Free Member

It was weird, when me & the missus arrived, there was us and one other chap parked up fettling with his bike, then within 15mins at least another 10+ cars had shown up, all with bikes (most in bike bags which I thought odd as the Forest is bone dry…)

Thought it might be a club ride? Landlord said to a chap behind the bar 'the bikers have turned up then' so it seemed a regular thing.

Should have asked at the time but didn't think too.

scaredypants

hmmm, dunno
    newforce mostly ride Thursdays I think – and later thaN 5 (1 grp from WInch and 1 in Ashurst, suppose they could be having an early ride before they go off to m myhem but I don't think either grp is anything like regular at fritham so wouldn't be expected ?)

There is some corporate bike challenge thingy on just now – how many people in your work will do at least 20 mins cycling. Maybe they're not regulars but booked in at Fritham for beers/food after ?

(you ride over there often ?)

DT78
    Free Member

Maybe it was a work thing, some chaps were dressed slightly odd, it was all the bike bags that confused me the most!!!

I mainly ride lordswood as it's 15mins from work, if I head into the forest I quite often cycle from soton down to brok and back but I have yet to find much worth riding offroad in the forest, I do it for a change of scene, see the animals and get the miles in.

Happy to meet up sometime though? Always good to be shown round a bit.

scaredypants

I go out 1 night a week (variable, often thursday and pretty much every wk of the yr) with a mate, usually starting Fritham or Ashurst. Bit under 20 miles, 2hr or so riding.

Must admit I like the northern forest better – bit more hilly. Can't pretend to know it all that well but my mate has a GPS which is ded good. Yeh, mostly just getting the miles in, no radness (Used to be a tiny bit round nomansland but I havent even looked there for a yr or so)

You'd be welcome but we are a bit unpredictable on time & day due to kids/work etc and often only finalise a day or 3 in advance
    (you at the general ?)

DT78
    Free Member

nope not at the general, work on romsey road.

just let me know I very rarely ride the north so would be very interested in learning a bit more.

must get me one of those gps thingy me bobs.

I know my way round LW pretty well, I have a regular loop that is 1.5-2 hours and takes most of the better singletrack. Happy to show you round.

scaredypants

I'll email you (the hotmail in proifle?) tomorrow

no ride next week, and we've been this week already so will be w/c 28th for next ride

(Jon, are you reading this ?)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lots of bikers meeting at Fritham today 5ish…’ is closed to new replies.