Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lothianbuses Health and Safety FAIL
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Tried to take a bike frame on a bus this morning, I was told it wasn’t allowed as they don’t take bikes: it would variously block the aisle, fall from the luggage rack, and well they don’t transport stuff and they don’t take bikes.

How frikkin’ stupid is that? I am going to write and ask how many bicycle-frame related incidents they have had in the last year, heh I could make it a FOI request!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If the frame had been a Whyte Preston you could have claimed it was a pram.

kaesae
    Free Member

Was it just the frame you where trying to transport?

You should have refused to leave the bus until he changed his mind or justified his stupidity!

rOcKeTdOg

pushchairs are more dangerous i’d have thought, was this just the driver or a statement by the bus company?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had a reasoned discussion with him and various passengers were trying for me too – he was clearly sticking to the rules and dealt with it pretty well albeit he’d clearly lost any rational argument.

EDIT I think the point is they are there to transport people (which by necessity sometimes come with pushchairs and wheelchairs) whereas bikes are not essential.

I will write! The drivers are generally very courteous and alsso respectful to bikes.

kaesae
    Free Member

WTF!!!! you didn’t even call him any names or spit on the screen? 😯

wwaswas

wee on his tyres?

GW
    Free Member

I got ejected from birmingham bus station for argueing with a prick of a driver who wouldn’t let me take my BMX on the connecting bus (had already been on the bus from Taunton) to Glasgow. Apparently it’s down to the discression of each driver. WTF?

had to jump the train in the end.

LsD
    Free Member

Wait ’til he uses a pelican crossing and then strike hard and fast…………..

jamiep
    Free Member

I took my new, unboxed frame home via a Lothian Bus a few months ago

cynic-al
    Free Member

I took the very same frame on a bus a month ago!

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK I;ve drafted aletter, including the term “health and safety gone mad”.

I think I’ll revise tha to “Health and safety FAIL”…any other suggestions for BS/leet speek bingo?

pixelmix
    Free Member

It’s maybe the same driver that tried to run my friend off the road on Friday night. He’s probably still bitter after my friend called the police, so now has a vendetta against cyclists.

Kahurangi

You lost any validity of your argument with your overuse of “xyz FAIL”, sorry.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lothianbuses Health and Safety FAIL’ is closed to new replies.