Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • Lost weight on a hybrid iDave plan, happy:)
  • hrcmonty
    Free Member

I don’t know anything about Pyramid,

Idave, i assumed you were in some sort of nutrition buisness.

Anyway i’m outta here, i don’t come onto threads to get bullied, all i was doing was simply sharing stories.

next time i see one of you guys saying you like a Marin when i like Scott’s. I’m going to come down on you like a tonne of bricks and bully you and say Marins are crap big fat Heavy things that handle like **** boats!

you see what i mean, all totally un called for!

You guys should be ashamed of yourselfs for not beinf mature enough to listen to other peoples views.

miketually
    Free Member

But i simply do not have time in my day to get up, make an elabrate Breakfast, i don’t have the facilities or time at dinner either to do the same.

Takes us a grand total of 45 minutes to make and eat breakfast for two adults and two kids, as well as the day’s packed lunches. It’d be quicker if we weren’t making 3 or 4 variations on the breakfasts and packed lunches.

So i get up make my shake, and i’m off to work, knowing i’m getting 100% of my RDA. Sorted nice and easy and i don’t need to worry about straying.

But are you? There are all kinds of micronutrients that interact with each other in all kinds of different ways and that can’t be resproduced in a lab/factory. Perhaps there’s some trace element that they forgot, so you’re not getting it.

grum
    Free Member

Well done yoshimi.

I am on a not very strict idiet style thing, just trying to avoid any processed/sugary foods and eat lots of pulses and wholegrains. I feel better and am losing weight but fairly slowly – might try and be more strict for a while.

93.6Kg to 92.2Kg since last monday.

Statistically insignificant. 😛

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    miketually
    Free Member

Yesterday, I had sausage and baked beans for breakfast and didn’t feel the need to eat anything until lunchtime.

This morning, I had cereal and milk and I’ve eaten my lunch already.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Idave i apologise, i assumed you were in the buisness.

I’m outta here, i don’t come on here to get bullied for simply sharing a story.

Next time i see one of you guys, saying in a thread you like a Marin when i like Scotts, i’m going to bombard you with things like.

What the fu*k do you like that crap for, there over engineered and handle like a boat. Total con and well over priced!!!

Yet I’ve Never even tried one!!!!

See ya.

Oh Ps never heard of Pyramid, theres no Con, just a Motorcycle engineer that wanted to share his Story.

miketually
    Free Member

93.6Kg to 92.2Kg since last monday.

That’s a decent, sustainable loss. 1.4kg in 8 days is 64kg a year, so you’ll be a whippet by Easter.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

But are you? There are all kinds of micronutrients that interact with each other in all kinds of different ways and that can’t be resproduced in a lab/factory. Perhaps there’s some trace element that they forgot, so you’re not getting it.

Oh come on give me a break, how do you know your getting all your nutrients!!! You haven’t got the faintest idea whats happened with your food, or what perservatives have been added to them, or where your cows been grazing etc etc etc. So don’t give me that.

A Lab and scientific research works on proof. They can’t just go writing on the box false information! The FDA wouldn’t allow it.

Look i urge people to just forget it. get back to idave and lets crack on with our lives.

and no i don’t have time to make elabrate meals in the morning or dinner. I know my daily routine, and i’m intelligent enough to realise that i’m getting more out of my life and health by the methods i choose.

molgrips
    Free Member

I stick sausages in the George Foreman, then put some eggs in a pan and scramble them. It’s not exactly gourmet but it’s compliant, filling and pretty quick.

As for the carbs and hunger – I experience this too. I find that sometimes I just can’t eat enough legumes or root veg, and if I don’t get enough carbs I start feeling pretty down and hungry. When I was riding quite a bit in the last job I had some chocolate bars now and then which didn’t seem to hinder weight loss much and made it a lot easier to do my riding. Now and then I’ll have a sweet latte or a bit of cake (maybe twice a week) which helps redress the balance. However I don’t think that’s necessarily a good way of kicking the sugar habit.

Also a scoop of protein shake has a tremendous effect on hunger. It’s satisfying, and really satisfies even if I am very hungry. To the point where I think there must be some sugar in it.

miketually
    Free Member

I thought you were leaving?

Oh come on give me a break, how do you know your getting all your nutrients!!! You haven’t got the faintest idea whats happened with your food, or what perservatives have been added to them, or where your cows been grazing etc etc etc. So don’t give me that.

True. Hence the varied diet, eating proper food.

A Lab and scientific research works on proof. They can’t just go writing on the box false information! The FDA wouldn’t allow it.

Two studies (http://www.nutritionj.com/content/7/1/23 and http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1742-1241.2008.01965.x/abstract) have shown no advantage to using Herbalife for weight loss, compared with a placebo.

Look i urge people to just forget it. get back to idave and lets crack on with our lives.

Happy to.

and no i don’t have time to make elabrate meals in the morning or dinner. I know my daily routine, and i’m intelligent enough to realise that i’m getting more out of my life and health by the methods i choose.

Different priorities for different people. I’m happy to spend a bit longer and eat real food.

molgrips
    Free Member

You haven’t got the faintest idea whats happened with your food, or what perservatives have been added to them

I do, actually.

Bimbler
    Free Member

the loss of flatulence

lol – jesus I’ve been dropping huge quantities of uber nasties, I just blamed it on the massive quantities of beans and pulses I’ve been eating, must have been the white bread cheating I did last week.

maxray
    Free Member

I know a lot of people are well “signed up” to the iDave ethos, but no need to gang up on hrcmonty. It isn’t like he’s been trying to tell you the iDave plan is wrong or you should buy Herbalife.

I would say each to their own, if it works for him fair enough and no reason why he can’t add to the discussion on an open forum?

Stoner
    Free Member

Statistically insignificant.

that’s not a stick you want to be prodding this particular excel monkey with 😉

64kg a year

to paraphrase Mr Hancock : “That’s nearly a legful!”

philconsequence
    Free Member

I know a lot of people are well “signed up” to the iDave ethos, but no need to gang up on hrcmonty. It isn’t like he’s been trying to tell you the iDave plan is wrong or you should buy Herbalife.

I would say each to their own, if it works for him fair enough and no reason why he can’t add to the discussion on an open forum?

+1

iDave
    Free Member

Hrcmonty – it was you who dived in feet first about everyone giving up carbs, herbalife is the solution etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not really ‘each to his own’ though is it? It’s not a matter of faith. There is science involved, and therefore there is a wrong and a right. There are certainly many ‘rights’ though – this coupled with the fact that people can make a lot of money out of convincing you that their solution is a better ‘right’ (except not iDave) we are right to be sceptical and seek scientific answers I think.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Correct me if i’m wrong.

But did i not apologise for this mis reading of the thread early on, And i have not said Herbalife is the solution! Simply it is fantastic and has worked for me and many others i know.

As people think your ethos is fantastic and works for them.

I’ve never once slagged off your ethos or said it’s wrong.

But if you really really want to keep churping on about it, then lets do a comparison for people. Why don’t you go away and get together 15 – 20 questions, about lifestyle, Blood sugar levels + insulin, Sports nutrition. Anything, and we’ll do it that way.

Or you crack on with your Diet plan, i’ll crack on with my Healthy Lifestyle plan, were all nice and healthy in differant ways, we all go out and enjoy riding our bikes around the country and we leave not on a bad note, because you never know when we may meet on a ride!

OK Shake hands 🙂

phil.w
    Free Member

t’s not really ‘each to his own’ though is it?

Well actually if it’s working then, yes, it is.

If it’s working for him why is there a problem?

Yes someone is making money out of it but if it’s working for someone then who are you to knock them and what they spend their money on?

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Whats the difference in someone paying for some products + Free nutritional advice from the Wellness Coach,

VS

Someone paying to see a nutrionist or sports nutritionist + paying for supermarket food.

NONE!

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Idave – totally out of intrest, what is Flow Funktional Fitness, as it’s something i may be intrested in?

molgrips
    Free Member

Well actually if it’s working then, yes, it is

Well it’s often one of these side-effect things. Like stone soup. Is it right to charge for the stone?

kayak23

Been on a vegetarian version of this for about a week and a half now. I’ve had to slightly change how I do it as I don’t eat meat but so far its been fine.
    Eggs do get a bit boring for breakfast but as I go on I am finding out more and will be mixing things up a bit to add interest.
    I too feel less bloated now which is great. Can’t comment on energy and stamina yet as due to a shoulder/tree-interface, I’ve not been on the bike lately.
    I have no idea if I’ve lost weight yet as I don’t own any scales but O keep asking the GF if I look like Peter Andre yet……apparantly not. I’ll keep going.
    Oh how I look forward to Saturdays and the free-flowing beer!

ton

what is herbalife?
    is it a milkshake type diet like slimfast.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Ton, I’d tell you but i fear for my life! No nothing like slim fast though!

whytetrash

Hi all been hearing good things about this diet off a diabetic mate of mine… Fraser ( we were both at Staffs with you iDave I think?)keeps his sugar levels super stable… appeals to me!

What do you guys do for packed lunches?…I eat one everyday and it’s usually bread dominated…microwave in work but thats it

neighbour was into Herbalife…still got a garage full and got stiffed by the lass on the next level of the Pyramid, his wife left and he’s got no friends…just saying like 😉

phil.w
    Free Member

Well it’s often one of these side-effect things

If the side-effect achieves what is aimed for then what’s wrong with that?

I agree it may not be the best solution. Yet that is no reason to give someone telling their story a hard time.

ton

hrcmonty, what is it then?
    and roughly how much does it cost per week?

hrcmonty
    Free Member

I think i need to clear something, as i’ve just looked at Pyramid.

I’m NOT selling or trying to sell anything! I’m in no Pyramid and i gain nothing from sharing my story.

Well i do a load of people that would kick my head in if i saw them on a trail! Hell No Herbal Go!!!!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Well are you familia with the stone soup story? It’s about a con artist.

“Hey, I’ve got this amazing miracle potion that will make you skinny! It’ll cost you £X per week, but that’s nothing for your dream body! It’s really scientific and powerful. Oh but to maximise efficacy you’ll also need to stop eating cakes and pies and not eat too much of other stuff..”

Now I dunno about Herbalife but you’ll agree that the above scenario is a bit morally dubious, surely?

Hrcmonty – relax. We’re not being as nasty as you think we are. We’re just sceptical of bogus scientific claims. If you are losing weight then great, congrats, but it probably ISN’T the Herbalife, it’s probably something else you are doing.

miketually
    Free Member

Ton, there’s lots on the web. A good start would be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbalife

Basically, it might well work but people are concerned about the nature of its business model and there have been various lawsuits and counter law suits. Possible lead issues, previous products have contained appetite suppressants and there have been claims of liver damage. No independent research showing their effectiveness seems to exist. They’ve paid out millions in damages without ever admitting fault.

To me, it looks like money-making quackery, but each to their own.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Fantastic, Thankyou because guess what….. you don’t HAVE to stop eating your favourite foods, yes cut them down as much as possible. But thee Wellness coach says, there is nothing wrong with it. It’s a Healthy Lifestyle! I still have a bag of skittles now and then, i still like my ale. But it costs x£ as much as your supermarket food, who too are coning you! so in fact it comes back to, were all getting bummed by the honey monster.

Thats life so deal with it!

hrcmonty
    Free Member

All there products are Clinically Tested!!!

iDave
    Free Member

what is Flow Funktional Fitness

It’s my business. I advise teams, individuals, companies etc on improving sports/exercise performance. Some of it is nutrition, most of it is training and mental skills. Some professionals, some just normal bods.

Or you crack on with your Diet plan, i’ll crack on with my Healthy Lifestyle plan, were all nice and healthy in differant ways, we all go out and enjoy riding our bikes around the country and we leave not on a bad note, because you never know when we may meet on a ride!

The iDave plan is not a diet plan as such. It’s a permanent way of eating healthily, that leads to fat loss and then weight stabilisation. The info was given away, no one had to pay me anything and it seems to have helped a lot of people who had tried many other ways in the past.

My main issue with herbalife is that the business model relies on people either permanently buying it, or going back on it when they put weight back on. Which they will.

As for 15-20 questions, I don’t have any.

Whytetrash, I remember fraser, who were/are you??

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Back in 1985, they were sued for inflated claims, Things have moved on rather alot since 1985.

Blimey you guys are really against this company arn’t you!

miketually
    Free Member

And a class action in 2004.

Bimbler
    Free Member

What do you guys do for packed lunches?…I eat one everyday and it’s usually bread dominated…microwave in work but thats it

I’ve been eating variations on bean salads, the most common one I eat is about 225g of green lentils (or puy) 225g of bean of choice, Cannellini, borlotti, haricot all work well. Prepare, add a dressing of choice I usually add extra virgin olive oil (get a robusto), white wine vinegar, salt + pepper, capers, sun fried tomatoes – as I make in advance garlic, spring onion etc gets a bit pongy. I then get something meaty from the local deli to go with it. Should be enough for 3 or 4 days, other day I’ll get a chicken shish mmmmmmmm chicken shish.

IanMunro
    Free Member

All there products are Clinically Tested!!!

So are cigarettes!!! 😀

hrcmonty
    Free Member

I-Dave are you based in Harrogate?

Anything relies on people reordering stuff. It is their option to, and to be honest i can see myself being on Herbalife untill the day i really don’t care how i feel anymore.

Why not it’s prooven ‘To Me’ that it works. So why would i not want to feel great anymore. For the sake of 1 shake a day minimum! Too right i will.

Hay the work your doing looks to be working for some people thats cool.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

So are cigarettes!! Exactly. Point made, is that they are clinically tested Thus have Scientific background, unlike the claim above that there is No independent research showing their effectiveness seems to exist.

There is, it works, its Safe. Just like Fruit, been tested to be good for you apart from the fruit sugars, you don’t want too much of those as some can be bad for you!!! Oh wait ‘Can be bad for you’ What an apple can be bad for you…. stop the press no one buy them there a con!!

Right this is all going nowhere. I-Dave your doing fantastic work and are changing the lives of many for the better, As is Herbalife for me!

Oh and by the way I-Dave dont give any slightly worng advice out, that would result in someone feeling slightly poorly or anything, cause these lot will hang you!

nickname
    Free Member

I also don’t follow it that strictly.

Right now I’m munchin on a couple of pork pies.

I have 2-3 tea/coffee a day with milk and sugar

For breakfast, I have a fruit smoothie (with cereal bits) 2-3 times a week, the other times are hard boiled eggs and spinach.

I’l have a few pints after work once a week.

Cutting out the main white carbs seems to be all that I require, plus I don’t go excessive on my cheat-day, but that’s more because I feel like crap after.

In the past 2 months or so I’ve lost nearly 1.5 stone.

Happy experimenting 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Lost weight on a hybrid iDave plan, happy:)’ is closed to new replies.