• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by igm.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lost wedding ring – anyone got a metal detector?
  • igm

99/9% chance this one will never be seen agasin.

Down in Cornwall, did a surfing lesson, paddling across outdoor pool to get to beach and my wedding ring came off. Six foot of salt water and a sandy bottom, so no chance of seeing where it's gone.

They drain the pool (basically an overgrown rock pool) in late September / early October by which time the sea will have taken my ring well away from where I lost it.

But I'd still like to try with a detector and see If I can recover it.

Anyone got the kit / know what I need / know if they work when I might still have a foot or two of water to contend with?

Ambrose

Tonyplym is your man. He posts on here sometimes. marine engineer, diver, based in Plymouth, called Tony as chance would have it! I'll mail him for you.

igm

Thanks

tonyplym
    Free Member

Sorry – we don't have a submersible metal detector (and even if we did I'm not sure it would help – can metal detectors find non-ferrous materials ? – I assume that the ring is gold or silver).

igm

Thanks anyway – Platinum – so still non-ferrous. I'll keep asking / thinking. Insurance sound like they're going to cover it at least, but I would prefer the original back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lost wedding ring – anyone got a metal detector?’ is closed to new replies.