Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lost the key for my Pinhead anti theft skewers.
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

HELP, no idea how to get my wheels off.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

they do replacement keys…

mudmonster
    Free Member

Didn’t write down the key number did I, duh.

rp16v
    Free Member

get the old hacksaw out cut a long line straight across wide enough to hit something like a chisel in the get a pipe wrench to turn that or just undo the replecment dropout(providing alloy of corse) that should free it up a little

yunki
    Free Member

just ask a local bike thief..

they had no trouble whatsoever ripping the front wheel out of my hackbike.. I don’t know if the security skewer made any difference at all, the dropouts of my fork weren’t damaged..

I sincerely hope that the wheel was though.. 😐

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Dremel the shield off and then use Molly-gripps

I would imagine it’s very hard steel, so you might need to get another little cutting disc half way through.

mudmonster
    Free Member

It’s a steel frame. Tried to cut into the the dome side with a hacksaw but it’s very hard steel. Think first I’ll try to cut off the excess skewer and then try and drill it out. Thanks for replies.

imnotverygood

Convincing pretend you have managed to remove the wheels without the key: you will then find the key

mudmonster
    Free Member

Having a tidy up and the key was in the bottom of my spare bike bits cupboard. I knew it would turn up somewhere.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lost the key for my Pinhead anti theft skewers.’ is closed to new replies.