Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • 'LOST' – The end, thank god for that!
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

I doubt many people on here have watched it from day one but the finale is being played in sync with the US at 5am this morning (thank god for Sky+)

anyway its been a mad journey and been a great show (in parts)

im actually glad its finally over, i loved the Dharma days and the hatch, think they lost the plot and to be honest the whole jacob candidate thing is a bit lame and crap.

so in a nutshell it was about 2 brothers, one killed their mother, the other gets p*ssed and throws him into 'wookie hole' ( the centre of the island) and he turns into a plume of smoke and goes mental. Then to beef the story out for 6 seasons jacob needs 'somebody' to look after the island cos he's knackered and they bring a load of people to the island on a plane.

it could have been so much better, but i guess you have to give them credit for how big it became.

i just know the ending is going to be a soppy american tear jerker….

pedalhead
    Free Member

Haven't missed a single episode since the beginning, and it's all shaping up nicely for a big bunfight at the end. Not around to watch the recording tomorrow night though, so will have to put my fingers in my ears until Tuesday!

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

It was Old Man Withers, the guy who runs the amusement arcade, he did it. And he would've gotten away with it without those pesky meddlin' kids.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brakes
    Free Member

I watched the first two series, and it sounds like they were the best
    unless I missed any gratuitous nudity

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I watched it consistently until Virgin lost Sky 1. I watched it for longer than it was enjoyable to me – I suppose I'd invested so much time I felt needed to continue; was a relief when I was forced to stop really.

warton
    Free Member

I've watched all of them and I'm well and truly lost (boom boom) its all just a blur now, I wish I'd never started

jacko54321
    Free Member

watched the first two season, got bored but have seen a couple episdoes since and it looks like the writer are trying to hard,

its the same as loads of other series as well, like prison break, first 2 were quality then they mess about with the story line to much

retro83
    Free Member

Hammered all six series in two months. Can't wait for the final, hopefully find out what the shit is going on

If they wake up and it's all a dream, somebody is going to get a kicking

Mr_C
    Free Member

Like a couple of others I watched the first two seasons then I got bored.

I might watch the last one and try and work out the bits I missed 🙂

Did they ever explain the polar bear?

matthewjb
    Free Member

I watched the first two series with my wife. She then stopped watching. But I've kept going.

She asked me yesterday what has happened since series two? Not an easy question to answer.

"Well they went back in time…and there was a submarine.. and Locke is dead but…"

Did they ever explain the polar bear?

I think it escaped from the zoo. Does that help?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

its the same as loads of other series as well, like prison break, first 2 were quality then they mess about with the story line to much

they really did f*ck prison break up didnt they, that was a total farce series 3

the polar bear (i think) was used as a test subject via the donkey wheel (how mad would that sound to somebody who has never seen lost LOL) hence ending up in the desert.

samuri
    Free Member

I watched one episode. Granted it was in the middle of a series but that was enough. IIRC a chap had found a load of food on the beach and when the others asked where he got it and he said 'on the beach', they all accepted it without question. That was enough for me. Just stupid.

Mr_C
    Free Member

I think it escaped from the zoo. Does that help?

Thanks, it's all so much clearer now 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

another that's watches it all. As I see it, there's no way the ending could live up to expectations so hopefully it'll just not be silly. Besides, the way I see it, everything has pretty much been explained hasn't it?

The polar bear was on Danielle's ship that wrecked wasn't it?

V+ ing it tomorrow morning to watch tomorrow night.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Is the fat guy still fat?

clubber
    Free Member

Yep. That's not the suprise ending 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yeah you'd think Hurley would have lost some weight by now. I'm pretty sure I didn't see a Burger King on the island.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

The polar bear was on Danielle's ship that wrecked wasn't it?

i thought you meant when they found polar bear bones in tunisia (ben turning donkey wheel ended up in desert in tunisia aswell)

aaaaaaaaahh i get you know, the polar bears running round the island, dharma had them as test subjects and one escaped (as above)

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Is the fat guy still fat?

LOL had to crack up, ross noble was on jonathon ross last night and he said last week somebody shouted at him in the street "noble, you look like a anorexic hurley off lost"

well i found it funny 😛

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah you'd think Hurley would have lost some weight by now. I'm pretty sure I didn't see a Burger King on the island.

That was the guy who found all the food on the beach. I was wrong, it does all make sense.

bassspine
    Free Member

It turns out to have been a dream thatone of the passengers was having on the plane, they wake up at the airport. I'll leave you to work out who it was.

BoardinBob

i just know the ending is going to be a soppy american tear jerker….

I don't think it will be.

To give them credit, nothing has been formulaic and by the book to date so I can't see the ending bucking the trend.

Expect a Sopranos type ending IMHO.

grumm
    Free Member

I watched the first two series reasonably avidly then got very bored and gave up. Imo like many TV shows/films it's good at creating an air of mystery about what will happen and has interesting ideas but ultimately falls flat when it tries to actually go somewhere with it and explain everything.

takisawa2

Last two seasons not great but previous were good.
    Glad its finishing now, has been two seasons too long IMO.
    Not sure what the Wife will do when she's no more Sawyer to drool over.

john_drummer
    Free Member

he'll probably turn up in season 3 of True Blood. Now that is worth watching

either that or V (2010)

_tom_
    Free Member

I think I got about halfway through S3 before giving up. S1 and 2 were great though. Do the polar bears, smoke monster etc ever get explained?

matthewjb
    Free Member

Do the polar bears, smoke monster etc ever get explained?

Yes. The smoke monster is Jacob's brother. Helpful?

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

The pilot episode was amazing. Think I got through 2 seasons before thinking it would go on forever, and gave up. Not sure if I can be bothered getting back in to it now.

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

I watched up to where the guy got sucked into the jet engine on the beach – then I lost interest. Was that quite near the begining?

vinnyeh

I watched up to where the guy got sucked into the jet engine on the beach – then I lost interest. Was that quite near the begining?

Must have made quite an impact on you- I have problems recalling tv programs I didn't like from 6 years back. 🙂

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

I love planes and jet engines – so that bit was memorable. Throw in a dead body and what's not to like? LOL

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Whoah, whoah, whoah…. they got into the hatch?!! WTF!?

Anyway I got up early this morning… It was all a dream.

willard

Is that bald bloke who couldn't walk, but then could walk still in it?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Did it finish with a Pam waking up and finding Bobby Ewing in the shower?

MrSmith
    Free Member

i watched the first episode and got bored.
    I was told there was a machine that needed turning round every 2 hours or they all died?
    when it's all over can somebody condense the plot in to half a page of A4?

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Did they make it up as they went along or was the whole thing planned out from the beginning?

_tom_
    Free Member

Yes. The smoke monster is Jacob's brother. Helpful?

Not really.. I vaguely recall someone called Jacob, something to do with a cabin on one of the islands.

retro83
    Free Member

Practically the same ending as Ashes to Ashes. Lost, I am disappoint.

ocrider

Apparently Christian Shephard shoots JR…. 😐

MrNutt
    Free Member

summary please

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘'LOST' – The end, thank god for that!’ is closed to new replies.