Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lost property lottery – will he / won't he be reunited with his stuff?
  • geoffj

Junior left his bag containing new jumper and some swanky sunglasses on the train on Saturday.
    I’m going to check the lost property at the station today to see if it’s been handed in. I’m not hopeful 😕

Can’t be too hard on him because he rescued a bag I’d left on a train in Portugal that had all our travel docs in.

Fingers crossed

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m not hopeful

Best way to avoid disappointment!

I’ve just submitted a lost property report to the Hong Kong First Ferry company concerning a nice pair of prescription Oakleys that I shall never, ever see again.

🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’ve never not got stuff back from lost property.

Most people aren’t dicks you kniw.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lost a Kindle on one of two planes, never got that back. I asked the chap at Heathrow T5 if he’d had a Kindle handed in, he replied that they get about a dozen Kindles a day!

Otoh left my Surface Pro 4 on a plane at Cardiff. Called them straight away and they had it, told me to pop over and ask for Jan who handed it straight to me. Benefits of small businesses I suppose 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Friend left his laptop in the lounge at Beijing airport. On landing back home, he realised and rang them immediately.

“Yes, we have it here. Could you please give us the password so we can verify it’s really yours?”

Cue about three hours of shouting down the phone!

jolmes
    Free Member

Left my wallet in the seat of a plane once with all my spends in, despite asking the staff once we’d got our luggage, nothing was found…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think you’ll get it back, you may loose the glasses but that’s only if whom ever hands it in rummaged through it first.

BOL, here’s to good humans everywhere.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Had coat returned on SWT*

Son recently came back from GTW airport and got off train forgetting his case. SWT and GWR were very helpful and held it for us at Reading

* I was very grateful but discovers you can’t tip lost property

cb

Mate left a full rucsac on a train out of London Victoria – got told it wasn’t on the train when we reported pretty much immediately. Week later his girlfiend’s dad wanders in with it on his back. Somebody had taken it and looked into his address book (paper in those days), found her details (guess she was first on the list) and called her to find out who it might belong to. Think the delay in her telling him was a subtle form of torture for him being an idiot.

Drunk bloke opposite me on a train home left his phone behind, I couldn’t get to the door quick enough to give it back so called the first number in the address book. Wife answered and got agressive!! Told me point blank her husband was not on a train coming out of London and who the hell was I to tell her otherwise!! Guess he got some grief for not being where he had told her he was…

geoffj

Well it isn’t at the Queen St lost property – but the guy on the desk was less than confidence inspiring.
    It may yet turn up, I’ll check throughout the week.

Kahurangi

While you’re all here, has anyone seen my Kindle? 😕

Nico
    Free Member

Left my keys (flat, office, and SHED!) at Gatwick security check. They had found them and they were at lost property, but it cost £10 to get them back!

Cougar

“Yes, we have it here. Could you please give us the password so we can verify it’s really yours?”

I can see how that was going to play out. Go to pick it up, “what laptop?”

Jamie
    Free Member

That’s one long password.

Edukator
    Free Member

It works both ways:

I’m up to four phones returned to their owners. The longest took a week of calls and messages to mainly Polish people in the contacts. One finally gave me a meet up in town. He was homeless so his phone was his lifeline, he turned up with the usual dog and rucksac. I failed to refuse the can of beer he offered.

I got my house keys back having dropped them in the snow skiing, they were waiting for me in the tourist office.

However, I found an abandoned stolen Golf (broken window and ignition hot-wired) in a Peak District car park. I phoned the police and got nowhere, they refused point blank to note the reg number or location and made it clear I was pissing them off – I was tempted to tell them there was a dead body in the boot to try and raise their interest but just hung up disappointed.

bencooper
    Free Member

I found a phone on the side of the road once. Looked in the contacts and called the favourite one – turned out it was his wife’s, she’d left it on the roof of her car.

But, to even up the stereotypes, two minutes after I hung up, her phone got a text – he texted her to tell her someone had found her phone 😉

poolman
    Free Member

I found a wallet on the pavement in surbiton, picked it up and looked inside. It was a cops as had his badge in it. Went to cop shop to hand it in, guy went nuts as in the wrong hands i suppose you could gain access to a lot of places. Was stuffed with cash too.

CountZero

I managed to leave a nylon case in a car I’d delivered with my old iPhone 5 backup phone, an expensive Gerber multitool, an Anker powerpack and various cables in.
    No idea where it had been left, but a while back I got a ping from findmyiphone to say it had made a noise somewhere in London, then again a bit further away; I’d hoped someone who found it might get in touch, because the phone couldn’t be opened – six-digit pin and contact details on screen – but sadly nobody did. 😐
    I was most cross at losing the Gerber, because it was a Christmas pressy from my late mum, so that upset me.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lost property lottery – will he / won't he be reunited with his stuff?’ is closed to new replies.