Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lost Passport Experience
  • jonnyclaridge
    Free Member

Anybody had any experiences with lost passports?

Basically applied for a new passport as I realised I had lost my old one…this was at the end of April.

Haven’t received my new one yet…but wondered if anyone had successfully managed to book an appointment to fast track a lost passport/new passport application.

I travel next weekend!!! A rather unforunate situation…:(

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes, we paid the extra and went to the passport office in person and hung around for a few hours, got passport same day. Relatively easy as we live 30 mins from London

leffeboy

see this thread – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-work-for-the-passport-office – it’s all very slow at the moment. You are going to have to phone to arrange to go in person. AFAIK there isn’t a fast track where they do it and send it out to you. A colleague here in Brussels had to go to London to get his and we had to pay for an emergency one for my daughter as hers didn’t arrive in time either. Seems like you need to allow 8 weeks now 🙁

antigee

jambalaya – Member
    Yes, we paid the extra and went to the passport office in person and hung around for a few hours, got passport same day.

yes a day in Liverpool being a tourist – fairly efficient – not sure how works if you’ve already applied though

jonnyclaridge
    Free Member

Cheers chaps… I’ve called to see if I can book an appointment but I think they might be a bit short staffed as it too a while to get through. They said they would call me back.

Gutted…as I need it for a mates Stag do in Antwerp!

antigee

Gutted…as I need it for a mates Stag do business meeting in Antwerp

8)

TiRed

Lost mine in a park in San Francisco. Went straight to the consular office to be greeted with “Hello Dr TiRed, we have something for you”! One of the consular staff had been walking in the park over lunch and spotted a British Passport lying on the ground. Never lost another one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lost Passport Experience’ is closed to new replies.