Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Lost my Maxle today
  • antares
    Free Member

If anyone is passing by Ladybower I think I may have left my Maxle on the floor while putting the bike in the van. Just as you turn off the A57 towards Bamford I was parked at the side of the road. Beer tokens will be issued for the safe return. Thanks

[url=https://flic.kr/p/xXD5nq]2015-09-05 15.55.23-1[/url] by Jeevester, on Flickr

edward2000
    Free Member

I’m going past on Monday morning if you don’t have any luck before then! Where do you live?

antares
    Free Member

I’m in Wakefield mate. Cheers

antares
    Free Member

Quick bump for anyone heading that way in the morning

singlespeedstu

Which Maxle is it?
    I have a few spares.

antares
    Free Member

It’s the one that comes with Pikes

singlespeedstu

New Pikes?

antares
    Free Member

singlespeedstu

I’ve got a brand new still with the label on maxle i could sell you if you don’t get yours back.

antares
    Free Member

I’ll give it a day or two and if there’s no sign of it then I’ll probably have it off you.

singlespeedstu

Drop us an email if you have no luck.

carlos
    Free Member

Hi mate,

A riding buddy and I picked this up for you today, but I gave him the wrong user name. I’ll drop him an email with a link to this thread so you can be re-United.

Carlos

ads678

This place is great sometimes 🙂

excitable1
    Free Member

Antares,

YGM.

It was me with Carlos, he remembered the thread and had us stop and look. Found it up against the bank.

Let me know your address in the email and I’ll send out tomorrow.

DON’T DO IT AGAIN !!!! 😆

Bregante

Good work chaps! 8)

matt_outandabout

*Group Hug*

nuke

Nice one carlos & excitable 😀

cakefacesmallblock

Brilliant.
    Well done guys.

colournoise

Top work STW!

dirtydog
    Free Member

Like…

antares
    Free Member

Woohoo got your email mate. I knew the STW massive wouldn’t let me down. 😀

m360
    Free Member

One quick question (not to detract from the deserved back-patting above):

How come so many folk seem to leave these things behind? I’m still using 9mm QR’s, so forgive my ignorance 😛

antares
    Free Member

Coz I’m a div 🙂

m360
    Free Member

Haha, you’re not the only one, plenty of other Maxel users out there done the same 😆

superstu
    Free Member

m360 – Member
    One quick question (not to detract from the deserved back-patting above):
    How come so many folk seem to leave these things behind? I’m still using 9mm QR’s, so forgive my ignorance

Because the maxle unscrews completely when taking the wheel off whereas 9mm quick release undoes but stays in (through) the hub even as you take the wheel off. Only switched last year and found this out, nearly forgot it a few times when packing the bike away after a ride.

Great news by the way, well done!

cakefacesmallblock

I’ve only had Maxle for about four months. The only reason I remove my front wheel,is to put the bike in my van. I then use the Maxle to secure the fork into the van in a Seasucker axle holder, so leaving he Maxle behind is unlikely.

However.

I always lean the wheel against the van when doing this and must have almost run my wheel over a dozen times now, when trying to drive off without it.

One day……….

m360
    Free Member

Because the maxle unscrews completely when taking the wheel off whereas 9mm quick release undoes but stays in (through) the hub even as you take the wheel off. Only switched last year and found this out, nearly forgot it a few times when packing the bike away after a ride.

I guess that explains it. One rule I tend to have for stuff like this is “put it straight back in” (either the wheel or fork in this instance). May help?

I usually end up leaving my SPD shoes at home so now hang them on the bike!

andermt
    Free Member

I always refit the maxle in the fork after taking the front wheel out.

This was after once leaving it behind and only realising when I was over 1 hour from home on a 2 hour journey, that ended up being a wasted day off!

Never forgotten it since!

njee20
    Free Member

When I had a Trek Top Fuel where you had to remove the rear skewer entirely I left 4 In fields up and down the land, weirdly never done it with a Maxle!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Lost my Maxle today’ is closed to new replies.