Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Lost my doggy best mate this morning
  • teenrat

After a downturn in my best mates health over the last 48 hours, we had him put to sleep this morning. I am distraught and already, there is a huge Barney shaped hole in our lives. We involved him in everything and we just dont know what to do. This year has been very hard with one thing and another, yet Barney was always happy and a ray of sunshine that brightened up the down days. Its going to be tough with him gone. I know we gave him the best life possible over the 10 years we had him, but i didnt think losing him would be this hard. To make it worse, i had to take my parents to the airport at 4am this morning, and had this card from him before i saw how poorly he was when i got back from the airport.

i havent cried this much for a long, long time. I’ll miss you Barney.

cr4sh
    Free Member

Gutted for you fella.

khani
    Free Member

🙁

Wookster

Oh mate, my heart goes out to you. All I can say is he was so happy and loved, and he is now happy and healthy and will see you again I’m certain.

willard

Dammit. Really sorry for you.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I recently went through this and I’m very sorry for you mate. Take it a day at a time and eventually the pain calms.

jamj1974

So sorry for you. So hard to lose a pet – they are family. Nothing replaces them or can take the same place because they are so special but it does get a little easier I promise.

Take care.

Jay

Sandwich

You have my sympathies. Huxley was sent to the runs in the sky a week ago Friday. He’d eaten string and ruptured his gut in two places, the peritonitis wasn’t responding to treatment and he was struggling. We are shellshocked. He had 6 years with us and he would have been a dead dog if we hadn’t accepted him as a rescue, he had bitten someone which we found out on arrival day.
    Here he is as I want to remember him.[/url]A Bit of a Cuddle by Mike Hams, on Flickr[/img]
    He’s not on the sofa!

This was arrival day
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/8jeEMB]The Yellow Ball[/url] by Mike Hams, on Flickr

There is an absence of ‘gorm’

Nipper99
    Free Member

Sorry chap; ‘of giving your heart to a dog to tear’……

Merak

🙁

jimster01

Feel your sorrow fella, lost Dexter the Airedale on my birthday after a ten month battle with cancer.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this, my commiseration’s to you & yours.

cloudnine
    Free Member
    voodoo_chile

Condolences mate , funny little things be become your best mates ,lost one of ours last year still think about her

bruneep

😥

psycorp
    Free Member

Had to have my dog put to sleep just over a month ago, still almost brings me to tears when I think about.

Sympathies fella.

rickon
    Free Member

It’s the most terrible thing to lose your best friend. Know that it’s ok to be upset, it’s normal, you have to be upset.

It will feel hard, harder than you ever thought losing him would feel.

But, it will get better. Each day it will feel less like your heart stops everytime you think of him. Each day you’ll start to remember why he meant so much to you, and not just the feeling of loss you have right now.

Feel sad now, but know that you will eventually be able to look back on the times you had and smile, and laugh at the stupid things he did with you.

When you do feel ready to fill the gap in your life, know that there will never be a replacement for him, just someone who takes up the empty space in your life.

Bregante

Bugger. Try to console yourself with the knowledge that you gave him a good life.

beano68
    Free Member

Chin up buddy, sorry for your loss

granny_ring

Sorry for your loss mate.
    We lost our Mr 2 years ago and it still hurts at times but gets easier with time, we also used to do mothers and fathers day card from him so today was another reminder. 🙁 But with time you also rememer the good time and memories. 🙂

Cant speak highly enough of the Blue Cross help line, they are very good in helping you come to terms with the loss.

All the best.

simmy
    Free Member

I can only echo everyone else, feeling for you mate.

Dogs are ace, they give unconditional love and are always there for you hence they leave a massive hole when they are not here anymore.

My eldest is about 16 and every day now is special and he is spoiled even more ever now.

Time is the healer, classic line that and you will never forget him and no dog will ever be exactly like him but, when you are ready, have a look for another and meet a new individual.

I always go for rescues as they are hard work but so loving 😀

Ambrose

🙁

stanfree
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Teenrat , my old lab is almost 11 and my wee shug is 1 . I’ve started taking them on quality walks rather than the usual round the houses which the old one dosent enjoy. The lab is getting slow and has some big tummy lumps which i am fairly sure aren’t good therefore by quality walks I mean places that he really enjoys like the beach and through the forests.
    When mine goes the whole family are going to be distraught not to mention his little brother but I am hoping we can seek some happiness in the life we have gave him.
    Dogs are special and give such unconditional love Its hard to think how we lived our lives before we had them.

RustySpanner

Recently lost our 18 year old cat.
    Cannot believe how much I miss the scruffy, smelly old tart.

All the best matey.

kayla1
    Free Member

I’ve got nothing to add other than I’m really sorry 🙁 x

sweepy
    Free Member

On a Good Dog

O, my little pup ten years ago
    was arrogant and spry,
    Her backbone was a bended bow
    for arrows in her eye.
    Her step was proud, her bark was loud,
    her nose was in the sky,
    But she was ten years younger then,
    And so, by God, was I.

Small birds on stilts along the beach
    rose up with piping cry.
    And as they rose beyond her reach
    I thought to see her fly.
    If natural law refused her wings,
    that law she would defy,
    for she could do unheard-of things,
    and so, at times, could I.

Ten years ago she split the air
    to seize what she could spy;
    Tonight she bumps against a chair,
    betrayed by milky eye!
    She seems to pant, Time up, time up!
    My little dog must die,
    And lie in dust with Hector’s pup;
    So, presently, must I.

Nash

chrissyharding
    Free Member

A Dog’s only flaw is, they don’t live forever.
    sorry for your loss.

connect2

No words. Just try and think of the good times

myti
    Free Member

He looks a lovely chap. Condolences.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Sorry 🙁

I have just been lying on the floor watching the Grand Prix with mine fighting to see which one can sit on me closest to my head. They’re the first dogs I’ve had, but are getting older….

Drac

Hardest part of owning a dog is when it’s time to say goodbye.

rickon
    Free Member

After posting on this thread 3 days ago, today my best mate was diagnosed with bone cancer in his back leg. Prognosis isn’t good.

Cherish the time with them, it’s far too short.

duncancallum

It’s the shit bit of having pets.

Genuinely sorry for you.

Dread the day mine go.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Lost my doggy best mate this morning’ is closed to new replies.