Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lost Mot certificate
  • bakey

I’m selling my car on Thursday but can’t for the life of me find the MoT certificate.

I think I can get a duplicate at the local garage, but has anyone tried the online providers of duplicates?

BTW I’m selling the best bike car I’ve ever owned – 2012 Passat 2.0 Estate. 57 mpg and nothing has gone wrong in the 3 years I’ve owned it, except a bulb! It just swallow up stuff. I’ll miss it.

bruneep

Is not all online now?

karlsbug
    Free Member

Just go to the local garage, some charge some don’t. I lost mine recently, took five mins. Don’t sell the Passat! I just sold my Touran, bad, bad move.

cranberry
    Free Member

BTW I’m selling….

The For Sale section can be reached by clicking on the For Sale button up there ^^^

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

All in the cloud now no paper needed

simmy
    Free Member

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ga=1.118979849.1816500702.1381235154

Type in your reg number and make then press print…..

TheGingerOne

You can’t find it because you would not (in my experience) have been given one. It is online so you don’t have an actual certificate. They might have given you the emissions readout, but that is not the MOT certificate

Drac

Makes a change from what’s it worth.

benji
    Free Member

You should be given the equivalent of an MoT certificate, which is more a receipt of what is put onto the dvsa database, it displays whether it was a pass or fail and where relevant what the failure items where and what the advisories are. You are also legally entitled in the next three months to ask for the emissions result if you haven’t been given those results. The maximum charge for a duplicate/replacement certificate is £10 or half the test fee whichever is lower.

https://www.gov.uk/replacing-lost-damaged-mot-certificate

spooky_b329

Remember you are just looking for a black and white printout, no heavy weight coloured certificate anymore. But I’ve always been given one.

bakey

Thanks all, I’ve an emissions print out – I suspect with the software problems garages were experiencing last summer I wasn’t handed a certificate. It is however registered online as having a valid certificate.

The For Sale section can be reached by clicking on the For Sale button up there ^^

Ah no, that’s the one I’ve provisionally sold. Just mentioning what a great car it’s been!

benji
    Free Member

I suspect with the software problems garages were experiencing last summer I wasn’t handed a certificate.

In which case you should have been given a contingency test certificate, which would have been printed and then the details hand written on it.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I got one in Dec.

You can use your V5 ownership document to go online to see when it expires online. Also see old MOT history.

Get with the times Grampy 😉

Innit?!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lost Mot certificate’ is closed to new replies.