• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lost mojo
  • adeturner5
    Free Member

Long story short. Broke ankle in August. Rode clips for years but they contributed to the break. Now on flats and it’s like learning how to ride a bike again but not in a fun way. I don’t think I was too shabby before but all the bad habits might of been hidden by the clips. Now I feel like a crap rider on flats and its killed my mojo..
    Obviously I’ve considered a new bit but it’s already a carbon dream machine. Plastic rims were last edition that haven’t even been ridden in anger yet.
    Any tips while I despair?

bearnecessities

One word. Vaults 🙂

adeturner5
    Free Member

Got some chromag contacts and 5 10s.. I just need some inspiration to take bike out..

davosaurusrex

Drop your heels.

adeturner5
    Free Member

its little jumps / drops that do me, sometimes the bike stays there, sometimes it drops away even if I consciously push in before, it’s the worry that’s spoiling my fun. Ive been telling myself I need to get out on my own without mates so there’s no pressure and I can pootle about and practice but it’s hard to get motivated.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’d say it’s the broken ankle and rehab which is more the issue playing with your mind and not the flats. You could test this by going back to clips with them set very lightly – my guess is you’ll be just as tentative ? As per above the bike can “drop away/go light” a little but any movement should be minimal and landing will be fine IME on the types of smaller drops you are speaking of

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The ex broke her ankle nastily because she swapped to flats, clips would have meant some bruises.

Anyway have you tried looking down the back of the sofa? Either that or wherever your car keys end up. Had a few 6-10 week layoffs in the last couple of years. In the end good mates, fun rides and good times were the way back. Perhaps some skills coaching to take a look at how you are doing.

chiefgrooveguru

Go and see Jedi. If he can’t help you get your technique sorted and mojo back then no-one can!

http://www.ukbikeskills.com

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

+1 Jedi

jedi

cheers guys for the recommend

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lost mojo’ is closed to new replies.