Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lost Garmin
  • specky4eyes
    Free Member

Today I lost my Garmin Edge 705 somewhere in Claife Heights, Lawson Park, Coniston, Ambleside area. There’s a slim chance someone may find it. It would be so nice to have it back as it was a long service award from Cumbria Count Council to myself 🙁

MrGreedy

This won’t help you I’m afraid, but there is a way of getting some Garmins to display your contact details when turned on, hopefully increasing your chances of getting it back if you lose it:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/08/display-number-garmin.html

Fingers crossed for the OP that you get it back somehow – worth trying local police lost property in the meantime (I’ve recovered a camera that way before).

timba
    Free Member

I’m sorry that this doesn’t help you now, but try a protective case on it (hopefully it’ll be found) and make a hole in the case for a lanyard looped around your bars/stem

specky4eyes
    Free Member

Thanks for your suggestions. I was on a demo bike so the Garmin was in the zipped hip pocket of my camelback. The zip must have worked loose and the garmin must have fallen out on the trail somewhere.I’m about to set off to ride the route in reverse, hopefully I’ll see it, but the chances must be slim.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lost Garmin’ is closed to new replies.