Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lost Camera on Malvern Hills this morning :(
  • Alex

Between the top of British Camp heading towards Gullet woods. Went back when I realised but couldn’t find it. Hope someone picked it up as it’s only three weeks old!

Gray Pentax W80, somehow launched itself from my camera case strapped to camelbak. About 10am. Lots of riders about so if anyone happened to pick it up, I’d be very happy to buy you a beer to get it back.

Had some lovely shots/video on from this morning as well. Ruined a somewhat epic ride 🙁

Alex

Failing that, any local walking forums worth a post to? Loads of walkers, probably 20 mins between where I think I lost it and getting back there. Hopefully someone picked it up.

Alex

Last bump. No sign of it at any local police station or Malvern Hills hotel So it’s either disappeared into the Gullet woods foliage or someone has a very nice two week old camera for free 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

Al – did you go through the woods next to the double track or did you go along the double track itself to the obelisk gate?

Did you come in front of the hermits cage or over the top from broadown to the 5 way junction?

I can get R to go for a run up there and have a look over the next few days. Too cold for me 😉

Alex

Hello Matey.. how’s the big shed.. bit cheeky came down the steps and carried on round the big berm and up into the gullet woods singletrack. No idea what all the bits are called. Pretty sure it popped out down the steps but wasn’t there when I got back about 20 mins later.

Was a bit cold yesterday as well! Anyway appreciate the offer if Ruth is up there anyway…. can send you the bit of GPX file if it’d help.

Stoner
    Free Member

ah, thats a high traffic area. In fact we were up there with the boys on Saturday looking for dragons in the cave, but they were all out shopping apparently

I imagine your camera is in the pocket of some unscrupulous daytripper. You may want to give the Hills hotel a call, someone might have handed it in at the bar…or maybe even the coffee cabin opposite the car park

Alex

Tried the hotel. Might even try walking back up there but I did a pretty decent search on Sunday. I even reported it to local police stations, which probably says quite a lot about my faith in some kind soul dropping it into the station not their pocket!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lost Camera on Malvern Hills this morning :(’ is closed to new replies.