Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lost at Brechfa today
  • scotjohn
    Free Member

My wife’s iphone! Somewhere on the green or blue trail after 3.30pm today. Hopefully someone finds it and hands it into the Dropoff cafe bus before it rains…

If you’re out that way over the next few days, please keep an eye out for it. Most likely place it’s fallen out of her bag is the wide track just after the bridge over the river where the shelter is, a few hundred metres after the blue rejoins the green loop. That should make some sense if you know the trail!

Cheers folks

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t know the area but we’re having a look out that way tomorrow so we’ll keep our eyes open. Was it lose or in a case? If I can get a mental picture, I’ve more chance of spotting it.

scotjohn
    Free Member

It’s an iPhone 4 in a black silicone like cover with a waffle patter. Had a look but I can’t find a picture of the particular case. Thanks for looking!

Ambrose

Friends are there tommorrow, I’ll repost this to them.

scotjohn
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Its got loads of her work on there and a bunch of unique photos of our baby lad that can’t be replaced so she’s gutted. The more eyes looking, the better.

Ambrose

Have you posted on the (ridiculously shonky) MTB-Wales.com site?

scotjohn
    Free Member

Not yet so thanks!

scotjohn
    Free Member

Still no luck after another ride there today. Bumping this up in case any rider’s today found it

grumm
    Free Member
    Mal-ec
    Free Member

Emailed a link to this to some of the local riders. Hope you get it back.

scotjohn
    Free Member

grum – that’s amazing, fingers crossed…

Any locals have any idea where the nearest cop shop is to enquire if it’s been handed in? Left instructions with the guy that runs the bus cafe, where I’d assume someone would hand it in, but he may have been closed at the time…

Ambrose

My mates say that they spent ages looking- but no luck I’m afraid, sorry.

Nearest Police Station would be Carmarthen I suppose but I think that they are all linked together with the lost property thing.

cb

Isn’t there a “find my iphone” feature on these things? Maybe only if you have a Mac account though?

scotjohn
    Free Member

Ambrose – thank your mates very much for trying, much appreciated

cb – that’s what I thought, but problem is there’s no reception wherever it’s lying! Such an arse.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sorry, got back from our weekend away but didn’t spot your phone. I did find some riding glasses on Whites at Afan which are now in the visitors centre though.

Good luck, it’s been really dry down there so there’s still some hope.

scotjohn
    Free Member

Hiring a metal detector and going to walk the whole trail today. As you say its been dry and if it has been wet there then the battery should be dead anyway and phone can be dried out. Just keep remembering its a 500 quid phone with precious photos, so won’t give up looking yet…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lost at Brechfa today’ is closed to new replies.