Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lost 15mm QR axle… where to buy?
  • bowie278
    Free Member

Posting on behalf of a friend who’s not on STW (about time he bloody is).

He decided to leave his Orange 5’s front 15mm QR axle for his Fox floats at Cannock on Wednesday. Looked at the price of a new one and he’s seen them for £72. Any ideas on where to get them cheaper, or a cheaper alternative?

I told him to man up and spend the £72 as at least he know’s what he’s getting, but I suppose everyone likes to find a bargain.

Thanks in advance folks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Most through axles are different so I’d suggest getting the fox one and putting it on a bit of string to avoid further mishaps

willber
    Free Member

The cost of Fox spares is a joke – i needed a new rebound knob and they wanted 15 quid, no choice but to pay it. 72 quid is pretty ridiculous tho……..

how much are new lowers? They used to be about 145 quid , and I recently sold a pair for 115 quid without axle…..might be worth thinking about

smiff
    Free Member

are they going to give you a reach around with that?

this sort of thing makes me choose another brand.. and i thought RS were taking the piss with theirs.

opportunity for 3rd party product here? superstar you listening? ok maybe not them but someone could do these for £20. in a range of colours.

if you want to get done over twice you can order from Mark Anthony Direct on ebay – the perfect product for him!

Northwind

Surely there must be loads of people with shagged out 32s in the garage?

rickmeister

I think I may have one, pm me.

Rick

robarnold
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare 15mm axle in my spares box, email me robinarnold69@hotmail.com if you still need one

DickBarton

ouch! my previous one stretched…and it cost me 52 quid to replace, 2 years ago…wasnt pleasant then either.

bowie278
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    Thank you for all your replies. @Rickmeister and @robarnold, I’ve emailed you both.
    Thanks

kimbers

i left my marzocchi one in a snowy car park at delamere

searched for ages the next day, fortunately a couple of riders had found it on arrival and i lucked out that they were at their car as i was about to suck up the 50 quid replacement

its a shame that the 15mm ‘standard’ isnt actually that standard

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lost 15mm QR axle… where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.