Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Losing my rag!
  • PJay
    Free Member

I am by nature a big girl’s blouse and terribly timid. However, as I age I do seem to be turning into a grumpy old man, especially when I’m out on my bike.

I don’t lose it when I’m involved in an incident that’s not my fault (maybe just a shake of the head), nor if I get yelled at or beeped when the fault’s mine (as occasionally it is). However I do seem to get rather agitated in response to grief received for someone else’s mistake.

I had an incident today where I was cycling down a hill (not overly speedily) when I transit van driver decided that he didn’t want to wait at a side junction and pulled out clearly expecting me (as a cyclist) to stop for him. I went around him and carried on and would have thought nothing much of it if he hadn’t blasted his horn at me resulting in me vigorously raising my middle finger to him! I then had him behind me the rest of the way down the hill worrying that I was going to get walloped (one of these days I might).

So, how do I avoid reacting badly when provoked and then wishing I hadn’t?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

You’ll get over it one day, why not today?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Train yourself to blow kisses instead of sticking up a middle finger.

Make peace, not war.

jamiep
    Free Member

I always think, I have to have my life disrupted with this idiot, but it is only for a few seconds, whereas that idiot has to live with themselves every second of every hour of every day. Then I go from being annoyed too having a little smirk to myself and being over it

Smile and wave, smile and wave

d3carbon
    Free Member

Just think of Ronnie Pickering next time this happens lol

Poopscoop

yourguitarhero – Member
    Train yourself to blow kisses instead of sticking up a middle finger.

Make peace, not war.

I agree with the sentiment and the idea of blowing kisses at an angry driver… GENIUS! 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Losing my rag!’ is closed to new replies.