• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Lose lose situation
  • onehundredthidiot

Well it’s the weeked soon and I know that 36hrs from now I’ll be in the bad books.

OH’s aged relatives are coming over and in order to get the place spick and span I’ve been sent out on my bike this evening. Which sounds ideal, get to ride and don’t have to rise a finger to tidy the house.

Except it’s grumpy week and she’s already thrown a strop and she’s stressed about the aged ones and she’s leaving the house at 5.30am to ride to work.

As The Clash so wonderfully put it, “If i go there will be trouble, if I stay it will be double,”

I’m thinking grab a bottle of vino collapso on the way back this pm and a bunch flowers.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Think yourself lucky! I usually have to clean the whole house (four young children with the associated mess) just to get enough credits that I am allowed to go for a ride!

donks
    Free Member

i can do what i like…..so long as i get the little un in bed first which now he’s 5 is getting later and later. got out for a few miles last night at 9.15! i forget what riding in the light is like.I have a 12 year old also so this situation has been going on for some time now.

martib

Pack car with tent, beer & bike and disappear for the weekend riding. You will probably get rock all from OH, however it sounds like you will anyway, so may as well make the most of it 😉

teethgrinder

If ever there was a MTFU thread, this is it.

But just in case, it’s better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

molgrips
    Free Member

You’re sent out on your bike so she can clean?

FFS, help clean!

hooli

Yep, a quick 30 mins to help her clean then off out.

As for those saying that they have to do XXX to be allowed to go out, FFS, are you 8 and still living with your mum? If I had a wife like that I would be divorced.

molgrips
    Free Member

30 mins? I stay til the job’s done!

onehundredthidiot

It’s the perfect storm tho. Couple her leaning towards COD with my “that’ll do”. I’ll make dinner tomorrow that’ll mitigate the non cleaning time.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Help her with the cleaning for ten minutes if she want x or y moving and how do I do this bit?
    She’ll soon get pissed off and tell you to bugger off as you’re more of a hinderance than a help!

Yak

Forget the flowery vino. Help with cleaning. It will be done quicker, and at that point the pressure will be off her and she’ll feel better. Then she’ll want to put her feet up, or whatever floats her boat and you have a totally open ended, guilt free night ride to get on with.

At that point, given the impending relative invasion, I’d go for a really long night ride. A double battery one then a sneaky pint outside on the way back.

This is a win win situation.

Edukator
    Free Member

Helping out or better still doing it myself while she’s out is more time efficient that hunting for all the things she’s tidied away: the tax declaration she put in her bag with some other papers, my favourite guitar pick – I’m still looking for that and no it wasn’t in the vacuum cleaner, the key to my bike lock was in the vacuum cleaner, the letter to be posted I left on the kitchen table so I wouldn’t forget it on the way out – it’ll be quicker to rewrite it than find it… .

sandwicheater

It’s clearly a trap. Get a cleaning man, get cleaning. Then go for a ride smug in the knowledge that you’re amazeballs.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

trouble is less than double trouble.

lucien

If she has the “decorators” in already, can’t they help?

Cougar

If you’re going to be in the bad books anyway, you might as well enjoy yourself for a couple of days and be grumped at, rather than be miserable for a couple of days and then be grumped at.

Help with the tidying, then go camping until it’s over. That’s what I’d do if, you know, I wasn’t a spineless Internet hard man.

Sandwich

Chocolate, is required in Grumpy Week. Flowers and wine will help but CHOCOLATE is where it’s at.

onehundredthidiot

Did some housework then went for a ride. Ditto this morning. So I’m in as much the good books as I can be. And two dry and sunny thrashed through the local woods.

enfht
    Free Member

Labelling it Grumpy Week just gives her the green light to moan. Call it STFU Or I Punch You In The Gut Week instead.

onehundredthidiot

Given what she does for a living. I’d rather not wake with a hangover and a face full of cs spray.

Daffy

Given what she does for a living. I’d rather not wake with a hangover and a face full of cs spray.

I’ve got no idea what This ^^^ job might be, but I want it!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Lose lose situation’ is closed to new replies.