Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Lose 2 stone in 6 weeks?
  • banks
    Free Member

I’ve lost a 1 stone in just under a month – stopped eating any biscuits, cakes, bread, pasta etc

Trekster

sbob – Member
    Undiagnosed tonsilitus caused me to lose two stone in about a week.
    I think the terrifying hallucinations came in about day 5, with near death on day 7.
    I wouldn’t recommend it.

Full blown salmonella did it for me. Agony for about 5 days, unconscious for 2wks with lots of other people dying in various parts of the country that year ’79 or ’80? Went from a scrawny 11st to 8!!!! Could only manage to keep liquids down in the following 3-4wks, yrs before my system got back to normal.

Currently at my heaviest ever @ 15st 🙄 put on 1/2st last year and struggling to shift it…

I’ve lost a 1 stone in just under a month – stopped eating any biscuits, cakes, bread, pasta etc

. This is what I need to do but on a night shift it is a struggle 🙄

coolhandluke
    Free Member

2 stone = 44,000 calories.

If you need 2000 a day and ate nothing, you’d loose that in about three weeks.

So, restrict yourself to 1000 calories a day and go at it for the 6 weeks, you could pull it off but I bet you’ll look crap.

olddog

The commonly held figure is 1lb fat = 3500 calories. So 98,000 for two stone. However, I think you also lose fluid mass, muscle etc on a rapid diet so if prob isn’t that accruate. But a lot more than the estimate above.

Also, 2000 calories would be low for someone of the size of OP.

On how too lose weight quickly, sorry can’t offer any advice

banks
    Free Member

It was night shifts which also helped tbh. Never again, i’ve got the body of an Ethiopian child.

irc

6 weeks? Tough. 8 or 9 weeks doable. I’ve done it 3 times. Starting from 16 or 17 stone and going to 14 1/2 stone over a two months bike tour. Or half a pound per day.

So for me the recipe is 6 hours cycling a day every day combined stopping eating cheese and chocolate. I probably ate meals less regularly and didn’t snack much but didn’t hold back when I ate. 12″ Subways were a typical meal when I could get them. Or a big diner breakfast. A can or two of beer most nights to rehydrate. I tended to only eat one big meal a day though.

I seemed to get to about 14 1/2 stone then stop losing weight at which point my ribs were showing and I couldn’t feel excess fat anywhere but height weight charts still said my BMI was verging on overweight (at 6ft3)

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

a couple of years ago I had a bowel infection, that meant I lost 3 stone in a week ( went from 16st down to 13st). plenty of excess lard went but also a fair bit of muscle as my body digested itsself.
    tbh I wouldnt recommend the amount of weight loss your looking at in anything les than a couple of months.

hooli

It should be possible to do it if you really put your mind to it, especially using something like the juice diet but the chances of keeping it off after you go back to normal are pretty slim.

back2basics
    Free Member

go for a 1 week holiday in egypt every 2 weeks. i lost so much weight from having to simply drink water plus a boiled sweet as anything else came out , top and bottom…. i seem to remember losing about 3kgs in 5 days….

Houns

Broken heart or food poisoning diet

turboferret

I lost about 2 stone with a combined viral and bacterial infection. Lie in bed for 2 weeks barely moving, don’t eat anything, although you’re allowed the occasional sip of water. I had bugger all fat on my before I was ill and my muscles all wasted away/were metabolised. Not particularly healthy way of losing weight though, and the body will naturally metabolise muscle over fat in this situation, so you won’t exactly be toned at the end of it if you were a little overweight to begin with.

Here’s me looking veritably fat by comparison recently (5’10”, 62kg) 😆

Cheers, Rich

miketually
    Free Member

2 stone = 44,000 calories.

If you need 2000 a day and ate nothing, you’d loose that in about three weeks.

So, restrict yourself to 1000 calories a day and go at it for the 6 weeks, you could pull it off but I bet you’ll look crap.

*molgrips to the thread*

Tiger6791

So the key is:

Is doesn’t matter what you eat, just eat less and move more? 😉

turboferret

So the key is:

Is doesn’t matter what you eat, just eat less and move more?

Yes, or if you take it to the extreme, eat nothing and don’t move at all 😆 *

Cheers, Rich

*may not be an entirely recommended method of safe or sustainable weight loss

Tiger6791

I want to keep the muscle though, they work quite well. It’s had years of powering 15 stone up hills.

Seriously, my body is like a weird cut and shut.

Top half = Bernard Manning
    Bottom half = Chris Hoy

Keep the muscles and ditch the ballast and I’d be like some kind of overpowered freak!

theflatboy
    Free Member

You would need a daily calorie deficit of 2,100 for the entire 6 week period. If you can manage that, you deserve to lose the weight, frankly.

miketually
    Free Member

You would need a daily calorie deficit of 2,100 for the entire 6 week period.

Where is molgrips?

oldgit
    Free Member

I went for the long term drop in portions approach. The idea to lose 1/2 stone a year.
    Did most of the portion control over winter, as I wanted to enjoy food and drink over the summer and I knew I’d need to eat to keep racing and enjoying long rides.
    The weight kept off regardless of the occasional splurge.
    Just on my second attempt to lose 1/2 stone, which is going well. I’ve not removed anything from my diet, white bread, ice cream, crisps, chocolate, beer it’s all in there with the good stuff.
    Over winter I ride a lot, but very steadily so I don’t burn out.
    Plan is to be 10.5 stone in 2015.

zippykona

Currently 4lb in 3 days but you don’t want to feel how I do.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Lose 2 stone in 6 weeks?’ is closed to new replies.