Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lordswood Southampton – anyone fancy showing me around?
  • stevede
    Free Member

Afternoon all,
    i’ve been working up in Gosport for a few months now and been riding mainly QECP (incl cheeky bits) and i’ve been to Kingley Vale once.
    I really fancy a ride round Lordswood but i’ve heard you need a local to find it all ideally. I was just wondering if any of the locals fancied making use of the extra daylight and fancy showing me round after work any time this week (mon – thurs 5pm onwards)? Wednesday i can be there from about 4pm if any easier for anyone.
    I’ve only got my charge blender up with me but its 1×10 now so can make do on it if there’s lots of pedalling involved.
    Also i could do with a sat nav postcode for somewhere to park as i’ve only ever driven past Southampton so don’t know the area at all.
    Cheers in advance,
    Steve

DT78
    Free Member

I am planning on trying to get down there this evening if I can get away from work. The weather is supposed to be turning on Tuesday, trails were riding nice yesterday

1×10 will be fine, I run 34 11/34 on my fun bike there.

Not sure about postcode, but a good place to park that is easy to find is the municipal golf course just off the avenue

chojin
    Free Member

i’ll be up for a ride there this evening – mind if i tag along?

I know the area *roughly*, but i wouldn’t say i’m an expert or anything :]

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

A lot of people use the Chilworth Arms pub back car park and then pootle down the road to the top enterance – pub owner doesn’t mind as it normally results in drinks/lunch after anyway.

You will be fine with that amount of gears.

stevede
    Free Member

Would be great if either/both of you could show me round. With regards to parking/meeting up is this the place?
    http://www.ukgolfguide.com/southampton-municipal-golf-course
    I’m guessing so but just want to check!
    What would be a good time to meet?

DT78
    Free Member

Yep that’s the place – you need to go along Golfcourse road off the avenue (it’s signposted).

I should be able to get there for approx. 5.30pm. I did a 5hr ride yesterday and still feeling it so don’t expect me to be setting the trails on fire 🙂

Chilworth arms is ok if you come from the north, but for us southamptoners that means cycling through lordswood and out the other side!

stevede
    Free Member

DT78 – Brilliant cheers, i’m just about to email you my mobile number as i’m back to work shortly, 5:30 would be great and i’m happy to meet wherever is easiest for you.
    Oh and i’m no xc god so don’t worry about having tired legs!
    Chojin i’ll email you my number too if your up for the ride still.

stevede
    Free Member

DT78 – i’ve emailed you my mobile number so hope to hear from you either by text, on here or email this aft, thanks again for the kind offer of showing me around.
    Chojin – no email in profile,mine is if you want to get in touch.
    I’ll take my laptop back to work with me so i’ll check online again in a couple of hours.
    Roll on tea time 🙂
    Cheers again,
    Steve

DT78
    Free Member

OK – see you at 5.30 golfcourse carpark, I’ll mail you my mobile.

I’ll be on my blue mmmbop.

stevede
    Free Member

Ideal, cheers mate, lights are packed too. See you at half five, will have a black blender on the back of a shed of a grey fiesta!

chojin
    Free Member

pm sent – see you guys there at 5:30 :]

DT78
    Free Member

cool.

bring some lights if you have them, will start getting dark under the trees round 7ish, sunset is 7.30.

chojin
    Free Member

right you are :]

I’m going to be heading out in about 20 mins for a bit of a warm up anyway as I only live round the corner from it

stevede
    Free Member

Cracking ride tonight, thanks to DT78 for showing me around and chojin i hope you made it home ok, looking forward to heading there again soon.
    Cheers 😀

DT78
    Free Member

No worries, nice little after work blast. Trails were riding lovely, shame the rains on it’s way.

Here is a gpx should you want to have a run round there again and I’m not about. Probably about 50% of whats there.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/75792290

(garmin connect appears to be having trouble the last few days – think they need to invest in some infrastructure….)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lordswood Southampton – anyone fancy showing me around?’ is closed to new replies.