Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lordswood and Farley Mount in a day
  • Never having been to either, I’ve been tasked with planning a trip for a small group starting from Southampton. The plan so far is to spend an hour or two in Lordswood, them heading off to Ampfield Wood and ending up at Farley Mount.

Is that a reasonable proposition or is there enough riding in Lordswood and around Chilworth to keep us amused all day? Ta.

jimmers
    Free Member

You can get a couple of hours riding from Lordswood if you know where yoy are going, best to get a local to show you round if you can.

IMO you will be better off spending an hour or two in Lordswood, pub lunch in Ampfield or Hursley and then onto Farley Mount.

Send me an email (in profile) and I’ll send you a route as a suggestion.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Whats Farley Mount like? I work in the area and commute not far away at all, I might take a detour home one day 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

lordswood is good for a couple of hours but you may well be disappointed if you go there with no knowledge of where the trails are at. its a very compact area, with some bits leading of it which your unlikely to find.

farley is quite enjoyable and more spread out but some good scenic loops can be made up. theres a good few pubs in between lordswood and farley though which is a good and you could go via silkstead. both areas can be quite surprisingly hilly.

alternative option is to include or replace farley or lordswood with a circuit around owslebury/sdw, from shawford/twyford

Thanks jimmers – email sent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lordswood and Farley Mount in a day’ is closed to new replies.