Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Lord Rennard appology
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

(Ignoring the fact that MET found insufficient evidence for a moment) was the internal report designed to find out whether he should apologise or whether he was guilty of sexual harassment?

Was the report itself a bit of a whitewash? Things are not completely clear when you clear someone of wrongdoing but still say that they should apologise? Looks all very odd….

I am sure that Cleggy will clear it all up soon……

binners

The thing is that a number of women went to the party hierarchy over the years to report the same behaviour. And the party hierarchy did precisely eff all about him.

Blind eyes being turned all over the place. A bit like the BBC with their busy-handed DJ’s

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Smoke and fire Binners? The trouble with cover ups (if that is the case) is that it all gets so much messier when he truth inevitably surfaces.

Trimix
    Free Member

Back in the real world:

If three employees all claimed some chap at work touched them up he would be fired. End of the story.

Simply 3 against 1 and irrecoverable breakdown of trust.

If he was some lowly paid nobody he would have been shown the door ages ago.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

From my reading it was 4 women who agreed to go public with the allegations, but there were others who didn’t wish to go public. So it seems that the 4 were not alone.

MoreCashThanDash

None of us were present at any of these alleged incidents, but…..

From what I’ve seen of the allegations, he was a clumsy, leceherous fool. The women all declined his advances and no one appears to be saying that their refusal has held them back in their careers, so it should have ended there.

Maybe a proper “I’m sorry for any upset I have caused” would have been a good idea, in which case, there are a few women I need to apologise to as well.

It does seem that the parliamentary lib dems, the lib dems in the Lords and the women concerned all seem to want to self destruct for no good reason?

MSP

there are a few women I need to apologise to as well.

Why is that the way you behave in the work place?

Isn’t it pretty obvious that in the work place you just do not get touchy feely. If you’re attracted to someone, then ask them out politely, don’t start stroking their legs or sitting them on your knee.

And frankly a bit of understanding and empathy to the positions of other people in life should be an essential job requirement for politics. If he doesn’t understand what he has done then he has failed as a politician and a person.

hels
    Free Member

He sounds like a sleezy old duffer who just played the percentages. For every 100 women he groped he might have got 1 lay. Lets just hope he got 10 knees in the groin.

But on the douchometer (0 being Jesus and 11 being Robin Thicke) he is only really about a 7. He should just apologise then go away somewhere and drink away his retirement.

konabunny
    Free Member

Lord Rennard has been found not guilty, he has nothing to apologise for.

You should apologize for that non sequitur.

konabunny
    Free Member

Some interesting suggestions from Sancho and Junkyard that some actions done to other people without their consent are less serious because you don’t agree with the reasons that person didn’t give their consent. Hmmm…

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure that is what I am saying tbh
    The accounts from the guardian [ and tbh i have not followed the story at all] seem to suggest he made some clumsy passes and failed to read signs and tried again. Its not like he grabbed their breasts or forced himself on them though it does seem like he had over stepped the mark for the workplace.
    The workplace angle does alter it though as it was not the place to do this and he would likely be sacked for this in most professions whether criminal or not. like i said it was clumsy but it was still the workplace so that does it change my view of it somewhat

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Lord Rennard appology’ is closed to new replies.