Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Lord Rennard appology
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Why should he?

He wasn’t charged with any of the accusations so, in the eyes of the law, he’s in the clear.

Stoner
    Free Member

you dont need to have been found guilty in law for an apology to be appropriate.

The internal inquiry by a QC “found that ‘the evidence suggest that Lord Rennard’s behaviour has caused distress to a number of women,’ and described the evidence given by witnesses as ‘broadly credible’.”

That’s not enough to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that he did it, but most people would agree that its enough to warrant some contrition from the man.

binners

Life is slightly more nuanced than ‘have we got enough evidence to convict beyond all reasonable doubt?’ though. Thankfully. Though looking at the behaviour of our elected representatives, you do wonder….

I do find it hilarious that the Lib Dems, who have simpered along for the past 3 years abandoning every single liberal principle they ever had, have suddenly come over all moral and righteous defending the ‘rights’ of their sleaze-ball Billy-Bunter-a-like to carry on like a low rent Dave Lee Travis, without any punishment

Still… this nonsense should ensure they’re already almost guaranteed electoral annihilation. Every cloud eh?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Hmmm based on the sexual harassment allegations he faces, no.

“Guilty” of no more than a few clumsy passes.

In fact I’d be a bit wary of people seeking (high) office who can’t deal/handle situations like this.

grum
    Free Member

Surely he just needs to make the usual mealy-mouthed politicians apology – ‘I haven’t done anything wrong but I’m sorry if people feel that I have’.

midlifecrashes

Will it be anything like this?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDjRZ30SNo[/video]

grum
    Free Member

Hmmm based on the sexual harassment allegations he faces, no.

Reading that article – you have to wonder if the whole thing might have been received in an entirely different light were he not quite fat and not very attractive.

Junkyard
    Free Member

but most people would agree that its enough to warrant some contrition from the man.

THIS and what Grum said – reads more like he tried and failed to seduce them and tried harder than he should have and failed to read signals.

I am sorry if some of my actions were misconstrued this was never my intention and if this caused upset or distress I am sorry for this. I never meant to upset the uptight frigid lesbians do this
    , I dont think I did but i am sorry for the whole episode and the damage it has done me and my party whom I love

Something like that would do surely?

binners

or abusing a position of trust, and (no pun intended) lording your power within the party over perspective candidates etc, by being a completely slimy sleaze bag ? Depending on your point of view, of course…..

Bimbler
    Free Member

lord your power within the party over perspective candidates

none of this is evidenced in the quotes though,

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When are you going to apologise to me about that night in Manchester binbins? You weren’t the only one to buy me a drink. Hora did too and that was such a momentous occasion that I felt he was more deserving of my looseness affections.

ninfan
    Free Member

If he were a radio one DJ, would people be saying that he was:

?

binners

Bimbler – Member

lord your power within the party over perspective candidates

none of this is evidenced in the quotes though,

Well perish the thought we may look a bit deeper into things than some quotes eh?

I don’t normally find myself agreeing with Ms Toynbee, but she’s on the money with this

Sexual harassment is all about who has the power. And what women hear from the Lib Dems – yet again – is ‘not you’

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its a difficult one no doubt people in power do abuse it but once they objected he seems to have done little to make them stay or force himself upon them. It was clumsy, it was unrequited but was it actually harassment rather than just a crap pass?
    None of them claim he said it would help or hinder their career so it seems a leap to say he was doing this – he may have though but it has not been claimed from that link

If every time you get blown out you have harassed someone then we are all guilty of that offence- NOT DD as that has never happened to him

Bimbler
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

If he were a radio one DJ, would people be saying that he was:

binners

You love it Bravissimo!!!

binners

None of them claim he said it would help or hinder their career so it seems a leap to say he was doing this – he may have though but it has not been claimed from that link

Some things don’t really need overtly stating, when the implication seems so blindingly obvious though

You’re a good lucking lad JY! Surely when you’ve been doing your L’oreal photoshoots, you’ve had to fend off the unwanted advances of Shaz, the 20 stone lass, with dubious bodily hygiene and halitosis, who’s saying she can get you that next contract. If you just play the game 😀

kimbers

his mate didnt help in his defence

BBC interview in which one of his supporters, Chris Davies MEP, said: “This is not Jimmy Savile. This is touching someone’s leg six years ago at a meeting through clothing. This is the equivalent a few years ago of an Italian man pinching a woman’s bottom. “

without knowing the details (and the report is not being released?) speculation fed by comments like those above only make it seem worse

Sancho
    Free Member

The thing that pisses me off about this is if he was good looking they would have slept with him.
    The guardian talks about him being out of their league which is the most condescending insulting crap .so only men of a specific look can try chatting them up even in his pathetic attempts.
    This is just a pointless waste of media time with women claiming harassment bolx

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

If you had caused enough upset to another person through your behaviour, whilst not actually doing anything illegal, would you not just say “sorry” out of compassion.
    Crikey! people bump into you in the street and say sorry nevermind making unwanted sexual advances.
    If he had had the good grace to say sorry right at the beginning this would never have come to the public attention.

I say burn him!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Surely the real story is that the Lib Dems have actually dug their heels in.

binners

The thing that pisses me off about this is if he was good looking they would have slept with him.

Wow! I’m loving all these sweeping misogynistic statements and casual sexism devastating intuitive insights into the female pyche. 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

Some things don’t really need overtly stating, when the implication seems so blindingly obvious though

I am not sure he did do this or they would have claimed it tbh but yes he may well ave been doing so

we cannot all have my looks locks – very funny binners 😀

EDIT: Whilst I am no expert on women I think he would have more luck had he looked liked Brad Pitt and i dont think it is misogynistic to suggest that women prefer attractive men to fat ugly men. It was not said well though I grant you.

grum
    Free Member

Wow that’s a bit of a stretch!

I do think it’s conceivable some of them might have been flattered rather than distressed if it had been Clooney or Brad Pitt doing it though.

Certainly not at all appropriate behaviour when he’s in work situations.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Some things don’t really need overtly stating, when the implication seems so blindingly obvious

Oh the implication was obvious, loving the all seeing eye you have.

Stoner
    Free Member

To be fair to the OP, fatty Rennard’s behaviour does pale into insignificance when compared to that of Pompey Hancock:

The Mike Hancock Report that the LibDems Hid

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

EDIT: Whilst I am no expert on women I think he would have more luck had he looked liked Brad Pitt and i dont think it is misogynistic to suggest that women prefer attractive men to fat ugly men. It was not said well though I grant you.

Tell me about it…

Sancho
    Free Member

Just look at some of the women politicians have slept with. There is definitely something about power that attracts women.
    Look at monsieur hollande
    But it’s this belief that you have to be in someones league.
    I thought women liked men with a sense of humour.
    And we all know fat people are jolly
    So rennard should be a prize xatch

binners

Oh the implication was obvious, loving the all seeing eye you have.

Fanks. Its a gift! 😀

andyrm
    Free Member

I think as a nation we need to get over this desire for apologies for everything.

I see it on here too – “bike shop x got something wrong, fixed it FOC and even gave me an upgrade, but I didn’t get an apology”. So what? The situation is fixed. Move on.

Lord Rennard has been found not guilty, he has nothing to apologise for.

Stoner
    Free Member

Lord Rennard has been found not guilty

he certainly has not.

binners

You’re obviously a sensitive soul, full of empathy, but there’s probably a slight difference between a faulty gear cable, and being touched up, repeatedly by an old letch.

And if you have to be found guilty in a court of law, beyond all reasonable doubt, before you need to apologise, or indeed feel a shred of remorse or contrition….. what a wonderful place the world would be if we all carried on like that.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above, Rennard’s hardly the big story here – Hancock’s a vile creature.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

If the allegations are true, and it must have taken something for the women to be willing to be named, he is at the very least a sleazy fat git who should not be in a position of power in a progressive party. And they probably wouldn’t be the only 4 he has tried it on with.

Sancho ?? really. So the women would have automatically slept with him if he was good looking ??

sounds like neither you or he belong in the 21st century.

We have probably all done things which aren’t illegal, or may not be provable, but which are worthy of an apology. In this case he needs to do it to prove he understands what he got wrong.

footflaps

Lord Rennard has been found not guilty, he has nothing to apologise for.

I’m sorry you feel that way.

😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Were the alleged actions not so deeply unpleasant, this whole thing would be quite funny. Old Cleggy really has got himself into a pickle and it’s looks like a no-win situation for all concerned. How long before it all blows over or is obscured by a different story?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

As above, Rennard’s hardly the big story here – Hancock’s a vile creature.

Indeed. Which makes the Lib Dems position even more questionable. Why hide the loathsome Hancock away? Oust all of these valueless Neanderthals.

Fantombiker

If this had happened in any workplace in the country he would have been fired. A boss should never touch anyone and his 2400 word statement….come on….how is this different to the Dave Lee Travis case?

ransos
    Free Member

Why should he?

1. He agreed to an independent investigation
    2. He agreed to abide by its outcome
    2. The investigation concluded that he should apologise

binners

Indeed thm. They all come out of this looking like either a vile, lecherous old goat, or someone looking to cover up the actions of a vile, lecherous old goat, for reasons of political expediency

Their behaviour now reminds me of……

Only with the Lib Dems, they’d be water pistols, obviously. Mind you, with their electoral prospects looking so rosy, they can afford to take a hit

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Lord Rennard appology’ is closed to new replies.