Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Lord of the Rings – Extended Edition Boxset BLU RAY £30
  • SBrock
    Free Member

£30 in Tescos, just picked one up – Bargain!

Still showing £59 at Play.con & £42 at Amazon

midlifecrashes

Fiver might be a bargain, that’s just a big reduction on massively overpriced eight year old film.

camo16
    Free Member

Tom Bombadil that’s a sweet deal!

philconsequence
    Free Member

keep an eye on play.com…. every now and then you’ll find the blu-ray box set for 20squid.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ll sell you a couple of dvds from the set (English version in Spanish boxes) for a bargain price. *Crosses finger*

camo16
    Free Member

¡Ay, caramba! that’s a sweet deal!

SBrock
    Free Member

keep an eye on play.com…. every now and then you’ll find the blu-ray box set for 20squid.

that is for the theatrical version

i am a massive fan so its a bargain to me in glorious Blu Ray!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Does Blu-ray make that much of a difference?

philconsequence
    Free Member

THIS IS THE INTERNET AND I WILL NOT BE PROVED WRONG! I CHALLENGE YOU TO BATTLE! 👿

i’ve got them sitting in the living room but never bothered watching them 😳 for all i know they could be the ‘Dodgy Don Simon Edition’ 😀

sslowpace
    Free Member

I believe the extended edition films are still over two discs, as were the original dvd’s.

Happy to be proven wrong though…

donsimon
    Free Member

What’s dodgy about “El Señor de los Anillos” “Las dos Torres”?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6NUIpdR0b8[/video]
    Nowt wrong with that. 👿

SBrock
    Free Member

extended edition Blu Rays are over 2 discs

richmtb

Does Blu-ray make that much of a difference

YES!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Really?

Russell96

Just finished watching the whole set (spread over a couple of weeks) all three films have been extended with lots of extra scenes added and they have some work on the quality/colour on them, gets my thumbs up.

kimbers

if you have a good enough tv and if the blu ray transfer has been done well enough then yes (not all blu rays are created equally)

however i have a flash upscaling dvd player and a a poshish blu ray player and the difference isnt that great tbh

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Cheers kimbers – never really had a chance to watch a blu-ray. All my mates must be poor you see 😆

I never noticed a great deal of difference in HD telly to normal telly to be honest, well not enough to make me go ‘wow’ anyway.

Still, those Lord of the Rings films are great, I’ll have to dig out the extended dvd editions I’ve got.

Russell96 – have the blu-ray ones got any extra scenes to the extended dvd’s?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil – I’ll give you £90 for them??

philconsequence
    Free Member

tell ya wot, dont worry about the 90smackerooonies, jsut give me that transition bikey of yours and the blu-rays are yours x

ilovemygears
    Free Member

3p would be a rip off, god its worse than watching anti vandal paint dry

ransos
    Free Member

3p would be a rip off, god its worse than watching anti vandal paint dry

Happily, no-one is forcing you to buy it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

jsut give me that transition bikey of yours and the blu-rays are yours

I might have a look around and see if I can get them cheaper somehwere else first…

Russell96

Yes plenty more scenes, run times are:
    FoTR 228mins
    Two Towers 235mins
    Return of the King 263mins

kimbers

fotr
    178 min | 208 min (special extended edition) | 228 min (Special Extended Blu-Ray Edition)
    ttt
    179 min | 223 min (special extended edition) | 235 min (extended edition) | 263 min (Special Extended Blu-Ray Edition)

rotk
    201 min | 251 min (extended edition) | 263 min (Special Extended Blu-Ray Edition)

according to imdb?

apparently only the fellowship is a new transfer as the theatrical released bluray version of this was a bit pants, the new version is apaprently overly green in some scenes

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Lord of the Rings – Extended Edition Boxset BLU RAY £30’ is closed to new replies.