Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lord Mayor Cycleride – Tips for me little sis.
  • growinglad
    Free Member

Got an email from my little sis the other day and she’d doing this:

http://www.lordmayorcycleride.co.uk/the-route-main/

Fair play was my first thought.

She’s fit and done a bit of biking, but nothing like this…..in fact I’ve not done such distances in one go.

I’ve tried to give her as many tips as I can think of, but if anyone’s done this route, or planning too, I’d be interested to hear your thoughts.

Also, from ladies used to long distance cycles. Not sure if there are any “lady” specific things that us blokes are blissfully unaware of, which would help her out?

growinglad
    Free Member

Just gonna bounce this once, just in case anyone has any words of wisdom with regard to multi day events.

Cheers,
    GL.

thomthumb
    Free Member

fueling is the name of the game. she needs to eat before during and after.

Recovery: hydrate, eat, sleep well. think about earplugs, eye mask – whatever is reqd to sleep well.

other than that get some training in. back to back days will be good of course.

growinglad
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I’d told her to eat before she was hungry and to also take some energy drink/ electrolytes to help reduce cramping…..but didn’t think about ear plugs, good idea that as I’m sure one or two of the hotels/hostels could be a bit noisy.

I was quite surprised when I found out the date as it doesn’t give her much time to train, but she’s fit and sporty so I’m sure she can cover the distance given the whole day to ride.

I’m a little envious, I should imagine there will be some good sites on the way.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Id avoid anything ‘energy’ unless she’s used to it, it can give horrible stomach cramps. And unless the pace is hell for leather rapidly absorbed simple carbs arent going to be her main source of energy.

Id go for just riding as much as possible in the meantime, especialy if she can commute, build upto 30 miles each way and thats the same distance. And eat fig rolls, trail mix, occasional chocolate, and other ‘normal stuff’, look at the pros they eat normal food for lunch on the go, and just neck a few energy gells to top up their legs for the last climb.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lord Mayor Cycleride – Tips for me little sis.’ is closed to new replies.