Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Lord help me I 've just bought a Pink frame!
  • pistonbroke
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for a hardtail frame to hang some bits and bobs I have spare plus put an Alfine 11 setup on when they appear. I noticed On One had the last Scandal with slotted dropouts at half the price of anything else I had looked at and it ticked most of the boxes. But it’s PINK has anyone built up a similar frame and is not too ashamed to show a photo. Also will using my Marzocchi 140mm AM’s ruin the handling? Trying to work out if longer forks make the head angle greater or smaller, the standard with 100mm forks measures 70 degrees so will the angle be about 68 with longer travel forks.

yossarian
    Free Member

Get a respray before you build it up. Cheaper that way.

You already know that pink is ghey, that’s why you posted.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I had a pink 456 for a while, no one laughed … well not to my face anyway!

Yea, longer forks will make things a touch slacker.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Re respray, not a bad idea, is it possible to get some sort of job like the original Kleins done i.e fading blue to pink or would that be prohibitively expensive. Anybody know of a suitable painter that does this?

Dekerfer
    Free Member

Just ride it pink.

I bought a Voodoo Canzo here relatively recently and that is as pink as pink can be (in a spangly way too!). Gonna be a great looking bike.

Tim (married with two kids, and not ashamed of riding a pink bike)

cakerider

Nowt wrong with a bit of pink

Wookster

Ah pink is a laugh mate plus it’s a new bike go for it!!!!!

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Shameless bumping but anyone got any recommendations re painting, is it possible on an anodised frame, actually,is the Scandal frame anodised?

Onzadog
    Free Member

The pink is fine. The excessively long fork are what will make it look like a clown bike.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Currently topping the charts in the “Reader’s Rides” Scandal 29er section 😀

chainslapp
    Free Member

Could I ask what size the Scandal is please Thurman?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with owning a pink frame…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

140mm forks will ruin a Scandal. They are designed for a 100mm fork. 140mm will turn it into a slow steering, wobbly jelly of a bike. Just don’t.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Thanks for the support chaps, just need to get in touch with my inner mincer 😯
    PP, I’ll just wind the travel down on the AM’s until it goes round corners then.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

It’s a 19.5″, chainslapp. And at 6’1″ it fits like a glove.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

It will handle like crap with a 140mm fork and your warranty will be out of the window.

Your choice.

seanodav
    Free Member

If your not comfortable with your sexuality then paint it, if you are then whats the the problem? 😆

pistonbroke
    Free Member

KT,my AM’s are travel adjustable down to 100mm so can experiment, the original question was more to do with the head angle, it states 70 degrees on the spec whereas other frames designed for 140mm travel such as the P7 state 68 degrees. My thinking was that running my forks at 140mm would decrease the angle to 68 degrees so would that even itself up? Re warranty, only paid £230 for the frame and not intending to sue On One if I kill myself, rarely leave terra firma anyway at my age.
    Any thoughts on who does faded paintwork?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

KT,my AM’s are travel adjustable down to 100mm so can experiment,

Fair enough, but it will be a shame to put such a heavy fork on such a light frame, surely a 456 at £165 would have been a better bet?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

KT can I point you to my original thread where I said I was going to put an Alfine 11 hub on as well, thinking that a bit of weight up front might help balance it up. I did look at the 456 but the large is the same price as the scandal and prefer aluminium. Bought it to do multi day trips with bivvy gear (WRT etc)so again a few ounces on the frame is neither here nor there as long as it’s strong enough

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Fair enough.

FOG

At least you chose the colour! When my Commencal snapped the bike shop rang me with this message,’ Good news, your warranty frame has come, bad news- it’s pink!’ Unfortunately for me the colour had changed from a sober black to a garish ‘Neon Red’, pink by any other name, for the current model year. Having said this I am seriously thinking about a pink 456. Now all my mates have got over laughing they will soon get usedto another pink bike!

I_Ache
    Free Member

My old 456 now built up lighter as my wifes bike.

DSC_0192 by i_ache, on Flickr

I changed because I need an FS not because of the colour.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

At least you chose the colour!

Not quite, the colour chose me, it is the only slotted dropout scandal they had left, bit like when you were the last kid chosen for football teams i guess.

poppa
    Free Member

If you can’t do pink, do brown.

crazymoon
    Free Member

apparently everyone who has a pink bike is seriously skilful, i know i would have to be to pull off that colour.

I_Ache
    Free Member

If you can’t do pink, do brown

My old bike was pink my current one is Poo brown 😆

DSC_0340 by i_ache, on Flickr

TooTall
    Free Member

I have a new-to-me road frame and forks coming soon. The catalogue describes the colour as ‘lilac’. Would we class that as pink? 😀

pistonbroke
    Free Member

More Pink curious I would say 8)

takisawa2

You can even get those pretty pink Hope brakes, with the flower pattern discs to match.

I think theres a chap who rides on the Chase on a Tuesday night on a pink Scandal. We’ve crossed paths a few times. It looks nice, in a La-Senza sort of way.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Just been to pick it up as OnOne is just down the road, even Mrs PB burst out laughing when she saw it, can you get manly coloured helicopter tape?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Lord help me I 've just bought a Pink frame!’ is closed to new replies.