Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Lord Condon knew nothing about it, apparently!
  • oldboy
    Free Member

Does he think we are all stupid?

slackalice
    Free Member

This is the same lot that’s mixed up with Fleet Street and Westminster and they seem to be getting away with that one, so I’d say, yes he probably does, or at least figures that given we’re being kept fat and happy, we won’t kick up a fuss.

oldboy
    Free Member

How are the police ever going to win back the public’s trust after this? And how many people are in prison as a result of these corrupt practices?

Babyjack
    Free Member

Any chance you can continue this in the correct forum? I joined a cycling site to read about cycling, cheers.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Very (most) senior officer oblivious to what is happening on the ground? Highly likely IME.

As for the rest of it, **** disgraceful.

Klunk
    Free Member

How are the police ever going to win back the public’s trust after this?

as far as the met is concerned, sack the lot and start again. It’s obviously rotten to the core and has been for 50+ years.

scaredypants

Plausible deniability, innit – if we’re to assume Condon and his senior management knew **** all about any of the other scandalous shit going on, then what’s the big deal about one more

trambler

Condom, in cover up shocker?

oldboy
    Free Member

Any chance you can continue this in the correct forum? I joined a cycling site to read about cycling, cheers.

My apologies if this wasn’t in the Chat Forum – I thought it was!

binners

About as believable as the editor of the News of the World not bothering to ask where her journalists were getting their information from, before they published the stories. Frankly laughable

Bit we now have an establishment in this country who are prepared to stand there and brazenly say that black is white, because they know that no-one will be asking any questions. Years of whitewashes has taught them that they can do what they bloody well like with complete impunity!

scaredypants

(it’s definitely in “chat” now)

Anyway, I wouldn’t worry oldboy – Babyjack Regan was always a bit of a grump

oldboy
    Free Member

A very interesting interview on Radio 4 News at One yesterday with an ex-policeman. He said that all police watch each other’s backs, irrespective of right or wrong, and that any officer who cried foul would be ostracised by his colleagues. Not his exact words, obviously, but close. So we have a real cop culture issue here, and not much comfort to those poor innocent sods languishing in jail as a consequence of all this!

JulianA
    Free Member

Babyjack – Member

Can I suggest this as one of the snottiest posts I’ve ever seen on here?

Does the ban hammer hit people just for plain unpleasantness?

slackalice
    Free Member

^^^ Especially when you take a look at their posting history! 😉

Made me chuckle 🙂

easygirl

Police officers/soldiers/ firemen have a very strong culture of looking after each other
    Backing up their collegues, many people find this hard to understand, and you could never know the bond that develops between a group of men and women who risk their lives and rely on theor fellow officer to save their lives if necessary

footflaps

The MET seems to be completely riddled with corrupt and racist staff at every level. If they’re not trying to bury evidence and frame innocent people they’re helping organised crime run their businesses. They’re probably too far gone to ever really reform.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Any chance you could not read things that dont interest you?

Backing up their collegues, many people find this hard to understand, and you could never know the bond that develops between a group of men and women who risk their lives and rely on theor fellow officer to save their lives if necessary

TBH you are our servants and your job is clearly to defend us not protect your own- at time s it must be hard but FFS that is what criminals say about Grassing

Whatever you use to justify it is is NOT CORRECT and officers who do that above serve the public and respect the law should hand in their warrant guard and apologise

Coppers do a very difficult job and no one is perfect but FFS there is no excuse for what they did NONE…liars, corruptions, racist killers allowed to go free and “protect their own”…the folk protected were the killers the folk investigated and targeted were the victims families…..really you want to defend it? You want to have the back of folk who do that?

I feel sorry for the many honest decent coppers who serve and protect that they are not associated with this shower and it tarnishes the reputation of all coppers

That said they really need to get thier house in order and someone needs to time for this…..I suspect more protecting the back of your colleagues type shit though and no one getting done for anything

oldboy
    Free Member

I value your opinion, Junkyard, so, do you think Lord Condon was complicit in this tragic affair?

Klunk
    Free Member

A very interesting interview on Radio 4 News at One yesterday

there was a bit of a watershed this morning on radio 4 the bbc anchor asked the question “should the met be shut down and replaced” citing the Northern Ireland policing experience as an example of a police force being axed.

Junkyard
    Free Member

do you think Lord Condon was complicit in this tragic affair

The real problem is that we cannot believe what they say on this issue. Much of what they have done and said has not left me inclined to believe them but i am sure there are still coppers out there, the overwhelming majority , who act only with integrity. Was he one ? I dont know for certain. You?

The real issue here is it is hard to believe them and them seem happy to cover up for their own. Its a human nature thing to some degree but there has to be a line somewhere rather than a Mafia style Omerta.

Basically I dont know.

oldboy
    Free Member

Basically I dont know.

Me neither, but thanks for your considered reply.

slackalice
    Free Member

It was a high profile case and investigation being held during his tenure as the top officer in the Met. Quite frankly, if he didn’t know about how the case was being managed, then why the **** was he being employed and paid?

He cannot claim his senior managers were keeping this sort of information from him. Unless of course he didn’t ask them the pertinent questions of the time, in which case, why the **** was he being employed as chief whatever his job title was?

His only bail out IMHO is to claim incompetence as he was clearly not in possession of the facts pertaining to the nature of the business over which he presided.

Now he’s a peer! Rewards for incompetence, penalties for truth and integrity. What a lovely society we have.

We, the populous are as much to blame for this as Condon and his organisation, as we consistently let it go, accept the excuses and lies and do **** all about them. The authorities are ensuring our pain is managed, so it is just enough to keep us needing them and not enough for us to get truly fed up with them.

trambler

I think all the cops, fire fighters, soldiers etc etc, should walk out and leave it with you. After all they’re all racist, corrupt and untrustworthy. I’m sure the politicians and the moral high ground will keep us all safe.

totalshell

i cant believe that the countrys top copper went to work and said ” them lawrence parents set some under cops on them but keep it hush hush” nor did he when told that under cover cops had been doing that say..” great idea keep an eye on em..”

what he probably said was ”ffs why and who ordered that..”

and why bother with an inquiry.. simply ask the guys working under cover who it was assigned them .. ask that person who told them to assign them to the task.. its not rocket science..

binners

Why bother with an enquiry? Just ask the undercover copper involved?

Good point! Why didn’t anybody else think of that?

I’m sure the Met will point everyone immediately in his direction, then when asked, he’ll just divulge everything that his organisation has been covering up for the last 20 years

After all, the Met is renowned for its honesty and openness, so there’s no need to bother with legal proceedings, threats of sanctions, or being forced to give evidence under oath.

MSP

There was a thing on the BBC the other day about sociopaths in the boardroom (quite a well known phenomenon) it also mentioned a high prevalence of sociopaths in the police force (and surgeons).

Every time we get the same excuses, it’s a one off, it’s a hard job we sometimes get it wrong, we have to stick together because of the nature of the job etc etc. And it does sound very much like they are unable to accept the problem is real, it sounds like they are justifying their behaviour to themselves as well as to the public, it sounds like the words and actions of a guilty man unable to understand that they have committed a crime.

There is no genuine remorse it just gets compartmentalised and justified as separate to the main actions, but really it is reflective of how the majority act all the time, the stories that hit the news may be the extreme examples, but small actions of abusive behaviour are commonplace.

The police force now sees itself as being above society not part of it.

binners

Everything you need to know about certain sections of the police, and how relaxed and confident they are about fabricating evidence (and god knows what else) and getting away with it, is graphically demonstrated in the Plebgate affair.

A bunch of coppers took it upon themselves to stitch up a cabinet minister, basically because they didn’t ‘t like him. A cabinet minister FFS?!! They then fabricated evidence, fed misinformation to the press, colluded, then lied consistently to everyone. If they can do that to him, then what will they do to a young black lad in Brixton? Or you, if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

That suggests to me an organisation completely unhindered by any oversight or accountability whatsoever! That has grown used to doing whatever it likes with complete impunity, through any means necessary, and where self-interest trumps everything

Does anyone seriously believe that another enquiry will get any nearer to the truth than the last one? Or will they just close ranks again and collectively lie through their teeth! Nobody will ever be held to account for this. They never are!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think all the cops, fire fighters, soldiers etc etc, should walk out and leave it with you. After all they’re all racist, corrupt and untrustworthy. I’m sure the politicians and the moral high ground will keep us all safe

I like these posts – its impossible to defend what they did so I will employ a smoke screen using services not at all linked or under attack using a straw man to then attack politicians….who knows it might just work

Its not even a defence of what the MET did its a really poor attack on who knows what as a “defence”
    If this is all you can ever do it really should ring alarms bells that your case is tragically weak.

I’m sure the Met will point everyone immediately in his direction, then when asked, he’ll just divulge everything that his organisation has been covering up for the last 20 years

They would if they knew but they just did not know Binners they just did not know

grum
    Free Member

Police officers/soldiers/ firemen have a very strong culture of looking after each other

This is the same excuse that alway gets trotted out. I can see where you’re coming from, but it’s been used far too often to excuse all sorts of unacceptable behaviour. Not good enough, sorry.

Sandwich

All this can be carried out by not condoning deceit.

slackalice
    Free Member

Many ‘professions’ close ranks when there’s potential damage about. Take the legal profession for instance, Insurance is another. We could go on. Remember the three rules of the corporate world? 1: Cover your arse. 2: Cover your arse. 3: Cover your arse. Always works when dealing with incompetence.

I can understand a greater prevalence for the ‘watching out for each other’, ‘we don’t harm our own’ ethos within the uniformed professions because of the nature of their jobs and some of the situations they can be caught up in where the possibility of actual physical and / or emotional/ mental harm is very high.

It does not mean it is right or appropriate, in any way shape or form and as such, given the previously stated recognition ( and seemingly casual acceptance by the poster ) of those who are in these professions, they have a moral and social duty to acknowledge the culture exists and introduce ways and means for them to ensure that whatever culture they have, it is first and foremost in the public interest. Otherwise their work becomes increasingly hypocritical

ninfan
    Free Member
    ninfan
    Free Member

Don’t know if anyone saw this the other day – but there was a fascinating discussion in parliament over one case of police corruption – the details of the making it truly one of the most breathtaking things I’ve ever read:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/whall/?id=2014-03-19a.301.0&m=40081

br
    Free Member

The MET seems to be completely riddled with corrupt and racist staff at every level. If they’re not trying to bury evidence and frame innocent people they’re helping organised crime run their businesses.

So just a cross-section of the public they were recruited from, you just forgot the ‘incompetent’ tag.

Edukator
    Free Member

Having spent a few minutes reading about Condon I’ll present the alternative view that he is the scapegoat, and the problems lie in the attitudes, practices and prejudices of the vast majority of the police in the force. The above reference to the RUC above is pertinent. A force that for years recruited the most prejudiced members from one side of a divide and with a corporate culture that had nothing to do with the role the force was supposed to play in society.

There are a lot of police officers on cycling and car forums, and with a couple of notable exceptions, hi Munqe Chick and Bobby, they don’t show the force in a great light and reveal some officers have a very personal agenda. A number of times I’ve thought “probably a police officer” when reading posts on forums and been proved right. On one forum a guy was bragging about overtaking everything uphill on the motorway whilst towing a caravan – Google told me he was an ex-traffic cop working as a road safety training officer. As for the guy who sent a letter to the owners of a bike site suggesting the editor was not fit to moderate the forum (sending a gloating copy to me), I feel safer knowing he works for the Australian police now – I’ve no need to visit OZ. “yer bik is Sarizin…” is now a police officer… . I’ll stop there before the ban hammer falls due to letters to the owner of this site.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Lord Condon knew nothing about it, apparently!’ is closed to new replies.