• This topic has 36 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Loosing bike mojo :(
  • juan
    Free Member

It seems that I can’t ride for a farting tofu anymore :'(
    I force myself to get back on the big bouncy bike, but I still can’t get it to feel right, feels very sluggish and unstable, I cant get a switchback right anymore.
    So I just feel very unmotivated to ride it. I have a HT but it’s a singlespeed, so can’t really ride it around here. I have tried it with gear once but it doesn’t make me smile the way it does with no gears on 🙁
    What am I doing wrong 🙁 I use to love my bike and I was quite good at riding it.

hilldodger
    Free Member

You need a good dose of English mud to get your wings back 😉

sharki
    Free Member

The abilty to ride well/okish/badly, is on a continuous loop for me….
    Riding well is usually followed by pushing my limits and having a stack, followed by confidence building riding like a fool, gradually coming back to riding well, then whilst my confidence is high, i push myself to hard and come off again….que riding like a spaz……..

Stick with it, it’ll come back, how about ragging the SS round the streets and messing about urban style…it’s a fun way to find lost mojo’s.

Don’t go near any peter poddys though else you’ll be on the deck.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Or take a break and forget about it for a while

mrsflash
    Free Member

Could you put some gears on the ht if you would rather ride that?

sharki
    Free Member

Take a break from riding?
    Gears?

This is madness!

Don’t listen to the voices, they’re evil.

Ride, Ride, Ride like it’s your last ever Ride.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Life is full of ups and downs on a big roundabout. It all balances, and you need the down times in order to get the up times…. and vice versa. I’d also say stick with it, ride out the bad biking time and then you can feel elated as the good time starts to come back.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Yeah. Take a break. Go running, climbing or something.

Or…Stop trying to be good. I have issues with this. Up and down. So when it hits I just focus on the basics and go spend time in a forest 🙂

RHSno2
    Free Member

Or. Go on a road trip and ride somewhere else or with someone else…

MrSparkle

I had a big Mojo loss after burning out doing the Cristalp and then having a knee injury. Must have been about 18 months of not really enjoying it, had a few false starts but it kind of fizzled out. Recently I have started getting it back. keep the faith. Patience and some good riding mates are the only answer. Bon chance, mon ami.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Come ride in Switzerland.

I have enough Mojo for two at the moment 🙂

Drop me a line robert(dot)hamiltonsmith(@)gmal(dot)com

juan
    Free Member

cynical I can’t i am due to ride in scotland soon and I don’t want to be a dead weight :5

stratobiker
    Free Member

Juan,
    Trust me on this one…….

Strip to the waist, then whip yourself with wire coat hangers until you bleed. Then go out on your bike.

Try it. You’ll see 😉

BTW – Are you still in Nice?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

could be worse,

plenty of mojo here, but still no knee!

Means i go out for one 4 hour blast every month, get my fix of going sideways round corners, jumping, droping, and generaly beign a big kid. Then spend th rest of the month waiting for the swellign to go down.

Unfortunatley little and often doesn’t work with my knee, it can cope with a days riding, but cant do 2 days in a row, however short!

mugsys_m8

Juan,

You could always come and visit us and help us to get to know our local trails better. Mind you if you came, you’d have to come on the SRX (as I’m a fellow proper bike, classics, mono etc fan), and then how would you bring your mountain bike?!

Joking of course, It could be good to meet you.

DezB
    Free Member

Wish I could ride offroad! 4-5 weeks MTB on road only for me. Never have I hated my Handjob as much as this morning.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Never have I hated my Handjob as much as this morning.

You should get Mrs Dezb to help you out with that, surely?

😉

Keva
    Free Member

buy something new for it… get some new grips, then you’ll be ready to roll again.

Kev

DezB
    Free Member

Saucy! She offered me a lift home, maybe she meant something else.. 😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Whatta gal!

Did you ride in? Will she help you with a handjob in the car?

Sorry, I mean help you put your Handjob in the car.

😉

juan
    Free Member

mugys_m8 i’ll drop you a line as soon as the SRX is fixed there is apparently possibility to go up in a fun way 😉

juan
    Free Member

Bezb and Peter I am not talking about THIS kind of mojo… Actually I would be very happy to loose this one…
    I4ll try to stick on more riding see if i can get the smile when I ride the bike again…

RHSno2
    Free Member

or you could MTFU? 🙂

I_did_dab
    Free Member

I find the trick is to enjoy riding badly – riding well is a nice bonus…

Olly
    Free Member

stick a bigger sprocket on the HT.
    easier to ride up
    forces you to keep your flow on the downs.
    do it, do it noooowww

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i’ve lost mine as well – although mine has been through over training. try some time off, or do something else instead… that’s what i’m doing anyway (not sure if its helping or not though)

TheDoog
    Free Member

I found some mojo while i was out this morning above Ripponden, if you think it may be yours contact me………………

hillsplease

My mojo is recovering as I’m road riding. The rubbish course and organisation at the BikeRadar enduro nearly did for mine. Now road riding so mojo is recovering , albeit slowly.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Juan, you better give yourself a slap and sort out that lost mojo, I’m not riding with some nancy when you come over! 😉

xc-steve
    Free Member

My Mojo is confused, I’m riding up hills and along the flats faster than I ever have but just don’t seem to be able to ride downhill fast any more, I also used to be able to do this thing called jumping?! Now I see any jumps or drops and just laugh and ride around them. Sad times maybe I should drink Monster Energy….

showerman
    Free Member

get yourself away for a long weekend to south wales or other park with yer mates and just ride and have fun, can do no harm

juan
    Free Member

XC steve exactly that, plus I just don’t feel the big bike anymore and I am getting scared of speed…
    I went for a ride today with no clear DH and that was good as I manage to be poo in the few small DH/Crosisng to the point I fell of twice.

druidh
    Free Member

jojoA1 – Member

Juan, you better give yourself a slap and sort out that lost mojo, I’m not riding with some nancy when you come over!

Am I not invited after all then?

Harry_the_Spider

Mine’s gone too. Can’t relax, way too stiff, can’t lean in the bends. 😥

I’m leaving them in the shed for 3 weeks and watching TV instead.

juan
    Free Member

druidh you know you are more than welcome 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Sorry jaun. A linguistic misunderstanding.. You see, it’s meant to be a little self-deprecating joke.

Jojo says she’ll not be riding with a nancy. I ask if I’m not invited. The suggestion is that I am the nancy/jeyboy/replace with suitable non-offensive word of your choice.

juan
    Free Member

ohhhh
    now i feel very stupid :'(

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Loosing bike mojo :(’ is closed to new replies.