Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Loose reverb seat clamp.
  • dantsw13

The top of my reverb has come loose. The seat clamp appears to screw into the top of the post, and has come loose. Is this normal? I just tightened I up and carried on.

dantsw13

Bump

LoCo
    Free Member

So you’re saying the casting that has the bleed screw, hose and saddle clamps has come undone a bit?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dantsw13

Yes, exactly. I was riding and felt the saddle twisting between my legs. I thought it was a loose qr clamp, but then discovered the casting had come loose. It tightened up, but I am a little concerned.

LoCo
    Free Member

Very rare, we took one off ysterday from a scrap reverb to see haow is all fitted together, was very tight had loads of thread lock on.

The issue is that it’d be best to get some threadlock on it to hold in place, however if you wind it out more than a turn the internals will probably unseat and leak between chambers meaning it’d need stripping.

If it does it agian, contact clean/ipa the surface and thread lcok and do it back up again, further than than we can sort a repair on it for you. Or if under 12 months old get it back under warranty to place of purchase

dantsw13

No, it’s more than a year.

So, if it happens again, undo it, but less than a whole turn, squeeze in some thread lock and do it up tight?

It’ll be due a service soon, so ill get it off to you then

LoCo
    Free Member

I’d be careful not to undo it anymore than it’s come undone already.

matthew_h
    Free Member

2 year warranty on Reverbs – send it back

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s worth a try, but they may say it needs a service at the same time or you may just get it replaced with a new one if they’re in a good mood.

matthew_h
    Free Member

From my experience of sending items to the SRAM Tech Centre, they’ll just sort it and quickly too. No point fannying about while still inside the warranty period

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

LoCo – Member
    It’s worth a try, but they may say it needs a service at the same time or you may just get it replaced with a new one if they’re in a good mood.

POSTED 16 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

This. sent mine back to fisher last week, over 2 years old, got a brand new replacement. My mate had the same result recently too. Awesome service.

Edit – different problem to the OP though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Loose reverb seat clamp.’ is closed to new replies.