• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Loose foreign bodies in shoulder (or even knee?) experiences
  • hora
    Free Member

Evening. I injured my shoulder in July (over extension with fly-weights) however I feel it was an injury following off my bike ontop rocks sharply jolted my shoulder upwards 3yrs ago was the original/old injury and the later injury just aggravated it out. I had started doing a fair amount of ‘feet ontop of sofa’/press-ups this year which could have dislodged it.

So…it wasn’t getting any better and I had a MRI scan on Sunday and I’ve just spoken on the phone to discuss a ‘snapshot’ before seeing the consultant on Tuesday. The upshot is its loose foreign bodies’. Has anyone experienced this- what was the causeand outcome?

Its gone from feeling like my arm is dislocating to a dull pain in the Subacromial space/coraccoacromial area (just underneath the top bone/at the end of the trap muscle). I thought it was a rip/SLAP tear- so did my Physio as it had the symptoms but the MRI says different.

From the surgery – any experiences on the recovery time from this? I know its more common in the knee so possibly same question(ish) could apply?

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve smashed my right knee about 3 times over the years, got alsort of crap floating about on the top of my knee cap.

Doesn’t cause me any bother really, well I won’t kneel on that knee any more mind you but all the functions are there. just a bit funny to touch and feel things floating about.

Mentioned to the doctor yonks ago, didn’t seen particularly concerned.

hora
    Free Member

Anyone else?

binners

hora
    Free Member

Tues or Wed night Binnertelli?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I have some in my elbow from a car crash 20 years ago. If I lean on my elbow the wrong way it makes me hit the roof. I’ll keep it that way rather than get them taken out.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve no choice it’s stopping me riding properly etc.

russ295
    Free Member

Used to be have something in my knee but now it’s out. It’s about an inch long and feels like a worm.
    Hurt like hell when it was in but doesn’t bother me now unless I kneel on it.

kilo

I had a bit of chipped bone floating around in my elbow for a few years, never even noticed it. One Sunday I was out with the Mrs and my arm gave way as the chip of bone had got in between the bones of the joint and effectively kanckered the joint. Lot of pain and a alot of mobility loss on the arm. Had keyhole surgery to get the bit out

hora
    Free Member

Evening. That feeling/pain sounds familiar.

How long before you were right again?

kilo

Yes I had quite a dull pain in the joint and at times it was quite severe. I lost quite a lot of use of the arm. After the op it was right fairly quickly in terms of strength but the mobility has never come back fully – probably about 95%, not sure why but miles and miles better than i was expecting

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Loose foreign bodies in shoulder (or even knee?) experiences’ is closed to new replies.