Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • looonngg cycling trowsers not tights
  • yetidave
    Free Member

Im looking for something i can ride in, but dont make me look like a stick insect in the pub… I’m 6ft5 with a 35″ leg length. Most trowsers which are xl are for people with big belly’s and still not long enough!. Are there any trousers about which work for tall thin folks?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Endura Singletrack trousers seem quite long for their waist size, medium are just over 33″ inside seam (just measured mine) and comfy fit for 32″ waist, not sure how bigger sizes scale up but worth a look.

ChrisL

Altura trousers have an extending bit at the bottom of the legs, but the last few times I’ve bought them I’ve been underwhelmed by the trousers as a whole.

james
    Free Member

.+1 underwhelmed by altura
    Last and only pair I bought were about the worst fitting trousers I’ve ever worn

onandon
    Free Member

Winter cruisers are long and have stirrups

ChrisL

on and on – Member

Winter cruisers are long and have stirrups

A quick Google would suggest that Winter Cruisers are tights, not trousers. 🙂

onandon
    Free Member

Not really, they aren’t fight fitting…. More trousery 🙂

yetidave
    Free Member

humm, so there arn’t any good ones about then. I may have a look at the Alturas, think that the Enduras are going to be too short (by several inches!)

Thanks

ton

I have been wearing a pair of haglof walking trousers, that cinch in at the bottom, and a pair of regatta softshell trousers. comfy, slighty stretchy and dry in no time at all.

yetidave
    Free Member

cheers ton, may have a look at those.

hora
    Free Member

Impossible OP. You were riding trousers in cold or wet etc weather. As such you’ll look grimy/filthy in a pub. At least in dedicated cycling gear people will glance and think ‘oh a cyclist/thats why hes dirty’.

Better to keep something rolled up/thin in a backpack etc.

TooTall
    Free Member

They will just end up flapping around your thin legs and be really annoying. Stick with tights for riding. I tried both and sold the trousers pretty quickly.

MadPierre

I’ve got some Gore Bike Wear Fusion 2.0 Windstopper Softshell Trousers (large) and they are long enough in the leg. Prob worth trying a pair on?

They zip off to shorts too.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m liking the idea of ‘trousers’ that are spelt the same way as ‘yowsers!’ I now want some ‘trowsers!’

yetidave
    Free Member

Wow 13 posts before someone found the spelling mistake, poor show stw!

Hora, always keep my cycle helmet under my arm/on the bar, knowone needs look at me in tights except mrs yeti. 😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

Not off road but on road if I was going somewhere I’ve gone with walking trousers rolled up to just below knee hight light plus fours coupled with long socks. Comfy and you can look normal when you arrive!

IanW
    Free Member

Wrangler Texas Stretch best cycling jeans available.

rendo
    Free Member

look at http://www.swrve.co.uk. their softshell trousers are exactly what you require. i revert to these for the winter commute as the are office friendly. flexible enough for cycling. you might need a strap on the right leg as mine do get oily from the chainset.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘looonngg cycling trowsers not tights’ is closed to new replies.