Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Loom bands
  • geoffj

Chez J is over run with bloody things. If they’re not cluttering up the place, mrs j and the juniors are clogging up the internet watching YouTube videos of the damn things !

Aaaaahhhh

muggomagic

Yes I have 3 kids who all like to make Dad a new band to wear every few hours. I’m beginning to look like a pound stretcher version of Bobby George.

bedmaker

I’m expecting the arrival of 8800 of them here tomorrow… on top of the ones already cadged of other kids on the street 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have one on my wrist in my county colours made by my friends’ kids. 😀

I’m hoping the craze had died down by the time mini dd is old enough.

takisawa2

Same here.
    Sick of finding the bloomin things everywhere.

bedmaker

School holidays on Thursday here. The teachers can expect to have enough loom bands to fashion into a three piece suit.

bgd
    Free Member

Have spent the last two weeks living mainly in a small hospital room with a wife determined to make as many bands as possible to sell for the cancer charity who are helping us while bgd jr is sick.
    Can’t fault her intentions but they’re driving me mad.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Nice to see cyber kids are still alive and well 🙂

RustySpanner

?
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Z0nSLaqR-YQ[/video]

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Banned in my classroom as they are such a distraction.

The boys just fire them at each other and the girls make me at least 10 a day.

Funny seeing grown men at sports day on Friday wearing them.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

WTF are loom bands?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Wonder if the STW stationery king is behind this, rubber band sales must have rocketed!

warton
    Free Member

I’m beginning to look like a pound stretcher version of Bobby George.

Sentence of the day 🙂

marcus7
    Free Member

Just finished a panda and can knock out a three row in five mins…. God I’m down with the kids. It’s quite therapeutic for winding down …. Try it , you might like it … 😀

bedmaker

A rubber forest yesterday

grtdkad

Youngest loves them and is industrious enough to compete with production from a Victorian workhouse.

I can’t stand them (although I’m obliged to wear one). Waste of natural resources and ultimately going to landfill. Hmmph.

Jamie
    Free Member

Banned in my classroom as they are such a distraction.

Rubber banned surely?

Ah my coat! Excellent. Bye now!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I couldn’t be doing with the things, they get everywhere! – so i have persuaded my 9 year old he wants to knit instead as its far more useful….and he’s cracked garter stitch in his first evening. so proud 🙂

tenfoot

We have knitting and looms in this house. My youngest has threatened to make me a bracelet, but fortunately she hasn’t gone through with it yet.

bol

They make emptying the litter tray more interesting. Some nicely colour coordinated turds of late.

daftvader
    Free Member

Mrsvader has even made some out of my used post office bands….. Along with the ones minivader has made

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

I look like a nob in my reading glasses trying to help the 9 year old with a difficult double ladder band on his loom board, at least mine craft = quiet time

aracer
    Free Member

Feeling quite proud of my nephew who made money off other kids at his (primary) school selling bracelets and finishing them off for other people. He did apparently get into trouble for his enterprising spirit though.

johndoh
    Free Member

Nice to see kids making things for once.

tenfoot

+1 johndoh

rogerthecat
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    I couldn’t be doing with the things, they get everywhere! – so i have persuaded my 9 year old he wants to knit instead as its far more useful….and he’s cracked garter stitch in his first evening. so proud

He’s growing up in Yorkshire, oh the shame!!! 😯

tomaso
    Free Member

My daughters love them and its just another craft activity to keep them busy

kayak23

Oh….so it’s a ‘thing’…
    I got accosted by the kids in my street demanding I buy one for a quid. Not seen them before, but agree, it’s good to see da yout’ making stuff…

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Nice to see other people are in the same boat.

My two daughters are mad with them whilst my lad just likes to hoard them, keep finding them everywhere. Cat keeps eating them and they end up in the strangest places.

Eldest (nearly 10) can spend hours making stuff. Pretty cool some of the stuff they can knock up with them.

MoreCashThanDash

My two are mad for it, get upset if I don’t wear one they made me.

My almost 11 year old lad had two of his more wayward mates spell bound the other day as he showed them how to do ladder bands and starbursts. He gets quite stressed when his mum tries to help and destroys half an hour of his work, I’ve learnt to leave alone!

ssbnreso
    Free Member

bedmaker – Member
    School holidays on Thursday here. The teachers can expect to have enough loom bands to fashion into a three piece suit.
    POSTED 11 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Suits you Sir!

molgrips
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner got there first, however I’ll press on with my gag anyway.

maccruiskeen

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Young Adjustable in 15 years time!!

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Jeezo Jamie why did you post that link for cheap looms? I’ve just ordered mainly cos my twins will fry my Mrs nut wanting to do them all the time. 🙂

brassneck

A quid?? Mine were selling them for 50p at the school fete, must remind them to check market conditions.

I got a red green n gold one out of them. I asked for a Livestrong one, and they started at me blankly.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Latter day Scoubido then, what next the the clacker ball things?

Harry_the_Spider

My 4 year old daughter makes one every 10 minutes. She got through 1200 bands last week!

I put in a request for a red, white and black over a week ago but have repeatedly been told that she is “just too busy” to make it.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Last day before the holidays today for my daughter…she has chosen loom bands for her fun activity Arrrrrrrrrgh!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Loom bands’ is closed to new replies.