Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Looks like I'll be saying goodbye to my mate (dog content) :-(
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that UBB. I always loved that shot of him on the ferry/boat stood on his hind legs with tongue out loving every minute of it.

ononeorange

I’m sure you’ll do the right thing at the right time, but condolences. Don’t have a dog – would absolutely love one but can’t – but I can see this must be the hardest thing. Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies – don’t really know a lot more today, but will hopefully have some answers later.

It’s hard knowing how healthy he normally looks – he could come home tomorrow and run like a whippet. Hopefully we get to spend that bit of quality time together.

I’m currently working away on nights on the M5 in Bristol, whilst Mrs STR and little miss STR are back home nr Matlock in constant tears – poor hound is 20 miles away from home in a cage 🙁 It’s stress that makes him go downhill too, so just hoping he’s that doped up at the moment, he doesn’t know what’s going on.

Rickos – awesome memory, that was years ago. I’ll put a little montage of his life up as and when the time is fit.

Cheers all! x

So, our little fella has left us a little sooner than we expected.

We didn’t get chance to have him home or go for that long walk. I’m 150 miles away and didn’t even get chance to say goodbye.

The vet rang and said he’d gone downhill today, so we took the decision that whilst he was sleeping to let him go.

Bless you Wesley. Sleep well little man.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Sad news.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

genuinely gutted for you mate 🙁

lb77

Feel your pain, remember the good times

😥

footflaps

That is really sad. 🙁

BeardedDave
    Free Member

Very sad news. My sympathies.
    Mrs BD is a vet and our dog has just been diagnosed with an aggerssive form of cancer. It’s heartbreaking. Silly really, how close we get to our furry friends.

soobalias
    Free Member

oh thats right, make me cry at my desk.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

We got a puppy, our first dog, in April this year. Reading these threads is filling me with dread for when that day comes for us.

I can’t imagine what its like for you and hope you remember all the great times you had.

simmy
    Free Member

Sad news, just got me crying and I’ve got a lesson in 10 mins.

My thoughts are with you all.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

boo

😥

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I have to bury one of ours tomorrow..

13 year old Black Lab who went by the name of Jake..

When they get old, they get old quick..

See you around mate..

wrecker
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that STR.
    My 12 YO english bull cross is getting slower. Can’t get into the car on his own any more and seems confused as to why. Been through thick and thin with him, I’ll be inconsolable when his time comes. 🙁

Thanks for the messages.

I’ve just about managed to stop crying, but I’m sure there will be more.

Poor Mrs STR is on her own in a house full of reminders of him and little miss STR isn’t home from school yet – she has been prepared, but seems to have it in her head that he had a few months left.

Derby Vet school asked if they could carry out a post mortem for training and beneficial knowledge of his condition. We agreed to this and then he will be cremated. We shall be scattering his ashes on the local moors in a couple of weeks.

And I’m off again….

1981miked
    Free Member

So sorry for you and your family mate..

We got a rescue cat in August and she is a great addition to put house. I’d be gutted if anything happened to her.

My brothers Staffie (Bullet) had to be put to sleep last year, he was in Germany with work when he went rapidly downhill.. We all went over to say bye to him, he was so tired and didn’t know what was going on. He managed to hang on until my brother got home though.

Best natured dog I have ever known, friendly, docile, playful, attentive, funny and always up for a cuddle. Never once growled or snapped at any of the kids who used to play with him and undoubtedly wind him up.

Rest in peace Bullet… Sadly missed.

My thoughts are with u and ur family at this sad time.. Made worse by the fact your working away! Take care.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thoughts here with you and poor Wesley too. Hope he drifted off quietly chasing rabbits in his sleep. Ashes on the moors sounds like a great send off.

Nobby

A good friend went through the same on Monday & even their cats seem to be in mourning. Spookily, mrlebowski, he was a 13yr old black lab called Jasper.

My thoughts are with all of you, I don’t even want to think about the day Tilly goes. 🙁

Mounty_73

I went through it all Monday night, heartbreaking, words cant describe it all, so really feel for you chap…..

🙁

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Thoughts are with you fella.

Really, really dreading the day we have to do this..

brakes
    Free Member

oh thats right, make me cry at my desk.

+1

sad news, but just think of all the lady doggy bits he can now sniff in heaven

Jase
    Free Member

Echoe the above.

butcher

Life is so short. We have a staffy cross who is now coming up 6 and it seems only a short time ago we got him. I still see him as a puppy! When in reality he’s every bit as middle aged as myself.

Very sad when they go. But especially at such a young age 🙁

downthemiddle
    Free Member

Sympathies to you and your family, has made me think a lot about my own relationship with my pup.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that TAFKAS. 🙁

Also sorry to hear you couldn’t be there to say goodbye. That must be gutting but I’m sure the feeling will fade in time and be replaced by the good memories. We all have to go at some stage. I’ll bet he had a good life with you and yours. It’s all we can do for them while they’re around.

Merak

Sorry about your pal. I had to take mine a couple of weeks ago, he was old and it was for the best. It didn’t make it any easier. I am welling up thinking about it.

Cliche, but time heals.

Perhaps not on your radar but worth thinking about rescuing another one and filling that space. He/she will never replace him, but another dog would benefit from a friend like you.

anthonyb
    Free Member

So sorry for you mate, as mentioned try and remember all the brilliant time you spent with him.
    Thoughts are with you and the family.

Houns

🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That’s crap STR, but at least you did what was best for him – letting go can be very difficult 🙁

ross980
    Free Member

🙁

Inbred456
    Free Member

Really gutted for you. It’s dusty in here again.

gozarch
    Free Member

🙁
    Sorry to hear it happened so soon.
    RIP Wesley

jamj1974

Very sorry for you and your family TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR. Rest easy Wesley.

Take care chap.

J

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Looks like I'll be saying goodbye to my mate (dog content) :-(’ is closed to new replies.