• This topic has 22 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Looks like I picked the wrong day to ask a bike Q.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Anyway.
    The poploc doesn’t function on my Rebas, fine. But I see you can buy a crown mounted adjuster. Does anyone know if this is just a simple swap? It’s really just to tidy up the fork I know changing it for a non remote wont actually make it work.

I assume TF could sort the poploc out at the next service.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Friday Q and A 🙂

What do you mean exactly – the poplock doent function? When you press the lever does the dial on the crown turn?

Can you turn the dial by hand? If it does turn does it have no effect?

LoCo
    Free Member

Easy swap, you only have to remove the moco to remove the return spring, I’ve got kits in stock too.
    Is it that the poploc isn’t returning?

wwaswas

I think some of the internal gubbins changes too.

PeterPoddy will know…

iainc

peterpoddy has an online guide, with pics too !!

dead easy, you have to take the motion control unit out, undo the spring and leave it in there, reinstall mc unit – 15 min job. then put on the new crown top knob, which costs about £25.

I did mine a yr ago and it is now much better.

oldgit
    Free Member

Poploc turns the dial, but it has no effect on the fork what so ever.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

That sounds like the seals in the rebound damper may be leaking oil into the lowers which stops the lockout working.

The other symptom of this – do you get full travel on them (eg if you let the air out of the plus and minus and press em down)?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But isn’t that more something to do with how you’ve adjusted the floodgate thingy? IE, if you turn it off completely, the poploc don’t do owt, but you can adjust it to different levels of bump sensitivity.

I may have this wrong. Or in the spirit of today, A over T….

iainc

in that case changing to a crown top dial isn’t likley to fix it IMO

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

If could be Elfin – but even then you’d still get even a moderate amount of lock.

I’ve had this leak problem on 2 RS forks so I might be jumping to conclusions here tbf.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually I’ve just had a quick look at mine, and now my poploc’s not orking propply! 😯

What have you done, Oldgit?? Invoked mass-poploc failure using the power of tinternet??

They might need a service actually.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just off home now, I’ll post a link to my guide later, unless someone else has it? 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Is the gate fully on?
    Either you’ve got blown seal on the Moco, easy to change.
    Or as said above you’ve lost a bit of oil into the lowers via the seal head seals.
    I have full damper side seal kits that will do the moco and seal head or a kit just for the seal head.
    All issues would also be sorted by a full service.

oldgit
    Free Member

The travels all good. Engaging the poploc does nothing at all. I realize that just fitting a fork mounted adjuster won’t solve things, but it will look a lot tidier.

s
    Free Member

mine stopped working after I hung the bike upside down for a while, a few miles on and it started working again?

oldgit
    Free Member

@ Elfinsafety

oldgit
    Free Member

Thanks LoCo, I’ll go through everything again on Saturday though I’m pretty sure I’ve tried every settings option.
    These are Reba World Cups, Black Box jobbies, just in case they have any unique issues.

wwaswas

you picked the right day – the usual suspects are all arguing on the chat forum so you’ve only got sensible replies 😉

LoCo
    Free Member
    scaredypants

this thread is useless without pics of barely-clad burds

fbk
    Free Member

Loco – bit of a thread hijack but I’m looking to send some Rebas off to you next week (following our email discussions last month). I guess it’s easier to just fill your online form in but, what’s the lead time like with you currently?

LoCo
    Free Member

fbk, lead time 48 hours max (as long as extra parts arn’t needed)as usual, just drop some contact details in with them when you send them 😀

fbk
    Free Member

Cheers for that – I’ll drop you an email over the weekend and get them in the post next week.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Looks like I picked the wrong day to ask a bike Q.’ is closed to new replies.