Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Looks like i may soon be out of a job
  • aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

Some of you may be awae of some of my previous posts aout depression and anti depresants. Looks like i may soon be out of a job primarily because of how my illness has affected me.

The long and short of it is that my concentration and ability to perform to the expected standards (100%) has diminished and because i am in my probationary period (started at the beginning of the year) they gave me an ultimatum of until next week, 100% or i’m gone.

I made a mistake today and they’re starting proceedings against me

On a plus side, the wife is being a total trooper about it, supporting me every step of the way and really pushing me to apply for other stuff and said “if push come to shove, you can stack shelves in Asda, at least you might be happier”……..she deserves a fooking medal 😀

izakimak
    Free Member

That suck’s, sorry to hear that. If you end up working at asda at least you’ll get a staff discount, not much help but hey ho!

footflaps

I lost a job through mental health issues (nervous breakdown) in early 2008, so have a lot of sympathy for your current situation. It’s always hard to believe that things will get better when your life is having a bit of a downward spiral, but you will get through this and in a year or two, it will just be a distant memory and your life will be sorted once again.

The fact you have such great support from your wife is a real bonus and a sure indicator that you’ll get through this quite quickly.

My top tip is buy this book and read it:

also take a look at

jeffl

If you are depressed can you not get the GP to sign you off? Sorry may be too little too late. Also I’m no legal expert by any stretch of the imagination but is the depression at all work related and could you or would you want to use that to your advantage.

shooterman

I’m really sorry to hear that.

I went through an episode of depression recently and what really knocked me for six was the inability to think clearly. Everything just came at me at once and I couldn’y separate issues and problems out and deal with them individually.

Keep hope alive and keep thinking things will get better.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It’s a bit of a shitter that, currently supporting my other half through depression (been ongoing for a fair while now), but we are slowly getting there. Those books look interesting footflaps, may order your top tip for her 😉

To put a silver lining on it though, getting out of the job and taking some time doing something else may be helpful – think you need to spend some time on yourself and finding your way through it without adding a stressful situation to the mix. Good luck – sure it will come up roses!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Crikey, not ideal news to hear. Hope it goes on the upside for you dude.
    If you don’t mind me asking, roughly what job is it that you’re doing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Looks like i may soon be out of a job’ is closed to new replies.