Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • looking for some low level options North Wales
  • fergal
    Free Member

is the Marin a good blast and the other one i can’t pronounce?

hughjengin
    Free Member

Yes the Marin is not a bad little trail. One of the originals, nothing unique or show stopping nothing too scary, but in my opinion just a nice fun trail centre. Takes 2hrs to get round if you take your time, 1 hr 30 mins if you are a whippet.
    Presume you mean Penmachno, yes its a great trail centre, little bit more technical than the Marin, if you do both loops allow 3 hours. And its my personal fave, a must do if you are in the area

ste_t
    Free Member

In this weather, the Marin holds up pretty well as alot of work has been put into the trail recently. Penmachno will be extremely wet and you do get the worst of the weather as it is very exposed. That said, Penmachno is more challenging and much more fun.

Klunk
    Free Member

marin and penmachno are/can be wet but not muddy.

donsimon
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you? Llandegla isn’t at all taxing.

honourablegeorge

Marin is great if you like long fireroad climbs and long fire road descents. It’s basically miles and miles of fire road linked by a handful of very short singletrack sections.

That said, the last descent on it it brilliant fun, there’s little jumps and a few drops – you can ride up the first climb and then dove off to the right and do that bit – there’s sort of a crossroads on the trail map, turn right there.

I still came off it smiling because of the last bit, but the majority of it is dull.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘looking for some low level options North Wales’ is closed to new replies.