Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • looking for riders in lincoln
  • litespeednoodle
    Free Member

Hi everyone, its been three years since I posted on here so thought it was about time I came back. Are there any riders from harmston in Lincoln or from any of the cliff villages?

monkeychild
    Free Member

A few of us from RAF Waddo ride 🙂

litespeednoodle
    Free Member

Excellent, how often do you get out? How many in your group?

sadexpunk

im 2 villages down from you mate 🙂 ashamed to say havent ridden for aaaaages now tho, sold 3 bikes and only just built another up ready for summer, so not match fit im afraid 😀

mail me if you like mate, my address is my username at gmail dot com.

ji
    Free Member

post up on http://www.louthnet.com/LAMB – we get riders and rides from all oer Lincs, so there should be something reasonably local.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Mail me via the email in my profile 🙂

Conan257
    Free Member

Cliff Villages?

I’m in Harmston 🙂

sadexpunk

another one??? spoooooky 😀

Conan257
    Free Member

I’m just saying I live in the same village so I can find where he lives and pinch his bikes….

Or perhaps that’s what he’s going to do to me?!

Only kidding!

trusslebabes
    Free Member

I’m in a cliff village but north of Lincoln and my mate he lives in a cliff village too even further north of Lincoln 😀 to be honest I’m just getting going again but mostly just go to Sherwood pines in the week. As it is so dry at the min there is a route over in the wolds that we did for a while a couple of yrs ago about 23 miles iirc but all easy rolling stuff nothing technical just good for getting fit really.

Conan257
    Free Member

trusselbabes, sounds like more than we have south of Lincoln!

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Conan257 have you been to the wolds at all? Have a look at os map starting from walesby just north of market rasen then head towards thoresway I can’t remember where else we went after that. I could ride it but can’t tell you the names of places but it is mostly off road. As I say I tend to go to pines mostly just a lot more trails esp off piste!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Shame war of the wolds isn’t on this year 🙁 that’s great in the dry. The wolds is what it is. I have an old skool loop that goes out of Ruskington it’s a good training ride and pod for just getting out. It’s lincs so we have to make do 🙂
    Conan is also another RAF Waddo Waller 😉

shifter
    Free Member

Lincolnshire has a remarkable number of mountain bikers considering… 🙂

monkeychild
    Free Member

Lincolnshire has a remarkable number of mountain bikers considering..

Well my lot are forces based so we got posted here 😀 I am from the North West originally and was in North Yorkshire 4 years ago.

Conan257
    Free Member

“My lot”!

You’re not the boss of me!

sadexpunk

also keep an eye out for weaty and stevek, theyre both good lads from lincoln…..

hubamonster
    Free Member

I’m close to Harmston, there’s quite a few rides near if you like Bridleway riding. Just need a OS map and string them together, there’s loads in the area.

High Dike to Byards leap via Gorse Hill Covert / Temple Bruer is quite good for ride for fitness

I find the peaks best bang for buck if travelling, but is a fair drive.

As a lad me and friends used to ride Harmston quarry regularly, was good fun, that was 20 years ago though

beaker

If you do go out with Litespeed Noodle try not to break him! Any time you’re in Wilts give me a shout!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Hahaha I own you Si 😉

I use the hug mapping site and get busy from there.

litespeednoodle
    Free Member

I do break easily, as beaker is well aware!

litespeednoodle
    Free Member

Hubamonster, harmston quarry looks like it would great fun. I’m guessing access and security wasn’t so much of an issue 20 years ago.

litespeednoodle
    Free Member

Conan257, seeing as tho we’re practically neighbours it would be rude not to go for a blast sometime.

Duffer
    Free Member

There’s loads of us up at scampton! Like everyone else in Lincolnshire, we’re RAF types who’ve been posted from areas with loads of great riding.

crush83
    Free Member

Damm it, I was at scampton till last Friday now posted to Brize Norton nr Oxford.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

I live in a village north of Lincoln(near Scampton) and ride and train regularly on the Wolds, areas from Willingham, Market Rasen out towards Grimsby and down towards Binbrook etc. Both road and XC I know the area very well, I have some great winter and summer XC loops anywhere up to 80 miles with >5000ft of climbing(not a lot of sustained climbing but it goes up and down a lot up there)almost all the roads linking the XC bits are quiet country lanes and there are some great tea rooms/coffee shops dotted about.

hubamonster
    Free Member

Harmston Quarry wasn’t as active as it is now, plus if anyone one caught us was easy when your a kid to just say “sorry didn’t know”, doesn’t work at my age now.

We also used to always ride the Viking way, again cant really do that now, although some parts are ridable.

I’d be interested in any Wolds routes anyone has (gpx or keypoints on route). I did 45 mile of strung together localish bridleways on Saturday and saw less than 10 people the whole ride, was good if your into that sort of thing

sadexpunk

all our wolds rides used to start from willingham woods, with a few variations on routes depending on length of ride.

ought to get back into riding there really…….

Conan257
    Free Member

litespeed, I think I’ve been given a pass on Sunday if you fancy getting out.

I’m on Crescent Mews, out of interest…

Conan257
    Free Member

🙁

ji
    Free Member

Some local .gpx trails here http://www.everytrail.com/group/view?group_id=167 from the Louth Area Mountain Bike site.

Just be aware that some of them are better in decent weather, and some are more cheeky than others.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

ScamptonLincolnshire seems to be the hub for mountain bikers in Lincolnshire, ace sparky where are you then? Aisthorpe, brattleby??

litespeednoodle
    Free Member

I road the wolds once with a guy from work. About 30 miles and it damn near killed me!

Conan257, your just round the corner from me! The next three weekends are difficult for me with family commitments, work and holidays. Back to normal in June! If I do happen to get any time before then tho I’ll post back on this thread and give you a heads up. Out of interest what you riding?

Conan257
    Free Member

No problemo, email in profile just drop me a message sometime. Trying to do near-weekly (midweek) night rides at Sherwood if you’re that way inclined.

I’m on a Titus FTMC, slightly over-biked for the majority of my riding, but does the job!

ace_sparky
    Free Member

trusslebabes, close 😉 I live in Welton.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘looking for riders in lincoln’ is closed to new replies.