Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Looking for people to ride with around South London (Dorking etc)
  • Groovejunkie
    Free Member

Okay, so moved down from Leeds a couple of years ago with a very poorly Stumpy FSR and little money for medical bills. Bike is now in good health again and am looking to get down into Surrey Hills etc but would be great to meet some local riders who know where’s good/just for the company!

So, shout me up and lets see what Surrey’s got to offer!!

Jon

zippykona

Have a look at muddy moles or diary of a mountainbiker.

spacemonkey

You should get a few takers off here too. I’d offer but at present I can’t get out to ride due to family/work commitments. Only had about 5 turbo sessions (and no outdoor riding) in 8 weeks.

Groovejunkie
    Free Member

@ Zippykona Where will I find them?

Groovejunkie
    Free Member

@Spacemonkey – we’d probably be on a similar level then… haven’t had the bike out in ages! Fitness may be dubious to start with!!

matthew_h
    Free Member

http://www.muddymoles.org.uk/

http://www.diaryofamountainbiker.co.uk/

Told you this place would help, didn’t I 😉

mudshark
    Free Member

The Muddymoles are good though probably start a bit early for you if you’re in London.

Try signing up here:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/london_mtb/

zippykona

They should come up with a google. The diary people meet up either at leith hill or ashtead which is near epsom on a Sunday morning.

Groovejunkie
    Free Member

Cheers Bro!! Those parts we were talking about… Pikes, cranks etc… any chance of picking them up next weekend!?!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Ooh, possibly. Sure we can sort some of them at least

hora
    Free Member

Another vote for http://www.diaryofamountainbiker.co.uk/

Richard is a good bloke.

Groovejunkie
    Free Member

Thanks all… I’ll get in touch with the afor mentioned folks and get something hooked up though perhaps a few sneaky rides of my own first to get the legs working again!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Groovejunkie, drop me an email. I’m away for a couple of weeks but back riding 11/12 Feb.

bigdaddy

I ride with Freeborn most Sunday mornings at Pitch hill – meet at the top car park (near the WIndmill pub) at 8.30am, and we’ll show you some of the top trails in the area, very welcome to join us…

hilldodger
    Free Member

Also check the “London Calling” thread on Bike Radar
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10014&t=12669705&start=6040

theotherjonv

there’s an ‘argument’ in this thread that starts to list out some of the other areas / groups in reach of SW london, save me copying it over

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/best-towns-to-live-in-as-a-mtber

Cheezpleez

If you’re after a night ride and don’t mind the company of miserable old men 😉 there’s a regular Weds night ride from Westcott (outside Nirvana Cycles). We meet 6.30ish, ride till 9, pub for an hour, back at Westcott 10.30 or 11. It’s a sociable ride but can be quite quick. Check out the forum at http://www.mtbsurreyhills.com

mattjg
    Free Member

miserable old men

oi, speak for yourself!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

moles meet at 8:30am on Sundays, at Brockham Farm normally. Also a wednesday night ride.

the DoaMTB guys seem to start later normally – maybe 9:30am, and there seem to be more rides on a Saturday.

16stonepig
    Free Member

If you want to go further afield, I’m happy to show you around Swinley/Crowthorne.

Cheezpleez

oi, speak for yourself!

Now Matt, I know you’re one giggle away from a big white shirt that ties up at the back but you can’t deny there’s a sprinkling of grumpy old gits in the ranks 😆

mattjg
    Free Member

/defeated

ybot
    Free Member

3 Cocks on one thread, now that has to be a 1st !

njee20
    Free Member

3 Cocks on one thread, now that has to be a 1st !

You’re right – usually far more 🙂

Seem to see one of ‘you’ at Peaslake every time I’m there – on a blinged up Scale RC with tyres than often look inappropriate!

OP – you can do a lot worse than turn up to Peaslake on a weekend and ask nicely to tag on with a group who look to be of a similar ilk to you!

tonyg2003

Hi I’m a MuddyMole. You’re welcome on a Sunday or even Wednesday eve. Don’t expect speed or riding competance!

siaxminster
    Free Member

Make that 4 cocks

The belonged up Scott rider sounds like “kiwi Mike”

siaxminster
    Free Member

BLINGED UP

ybot
    Free Member

Ah, was wondering who that was – thought it was Joe at first !

sugdenr
    Free Member

Groovie, come to Swinley its much better than that rubbish Surrey Hills 😮
    email me in profile and i’ll let you know when there’s a ride planned

mattjg
    Free Member

Funny thing is it was only last night, as we supped a pint by a log fire after a 90 mins of st, that cheez and I were discussing how crap it was and we should go to Swinley instead.

ybot
    Free Member

lol, everyone fighting over groovejunkie.

ask1974
    Free Member

And so they should! We’re all very nice down here don’t you know. When do we start the ‘my back yard is better than yours’ bit… 😈

Groovejunkie you’ve got stacks of quality riding on your doorstep so you’ll obviously want to focus attention there, but if you fancy a slight change of scenery you’re welcome down on the south east corner of the North downs (Haslemere). I have a couple of STW regulars joining us next Saturday (4th) for a blast around the hills.

mattjg
    Free Member

I think we should also stress that, while it’s fair to say we have a preponderance of ‘grumpy old men’, happy young women are more than welcome to ride with us too.

montarius
    Free Member

Hi guys, what are the conditions like in the surrey hills at the moment? How are the trails holding up?

ybot
    Free Member

That happened twice Matt and now they are both in New Zealand. I wonder if there is a link lol

sugdenr
    Free Member

…and you offer a free sofa with every ride dont you Ali 😆

mattjg
    Free Member

@montarius pretty good on the whole, it’s not rained much this winter, though there was some slop, mulch and slippy roots about last night

@ybot what about our friend from Malta?

ask1974
    Free Member

Ah yes, I forgot about that. For the first two new comers to the Surrey Hills set, a free two seat sofa 😛

pickle
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s been said but the shop Nirvana cycles (based in westcott) do guided rides 🙂

ybot
    Free Member

Thats true Matt, how could I forget about Steph but to be fair you can’t really call her a regular Wednesday night rider(Cock).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Looking for people to ride with around South London (Dorking etc)’ is closed to new replies.