Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • looking for new car stereo want to spend about £100
  • pantsonfire
    Free Member

The stereo in our car has died looking for something thats not too fancy with as few buttons as possible.

Must have Long wave for cricket and a plug for an MP3

The £100 budget is fixed I am a bit Mutt and Jeff so anything flash is wasted on me.

Pieface

I got a Sony jobby with USB and 3.5mm interface for about that much last summer from Halfords if that helps. FWIW I've had 2 Kenwood units that had an incredibly complicated 'one button / joystick' control (one came with the car, the other was tried and then went back). The Sony has more buttons and is easier to navigate round, although its integrated with steering wheel so not that much of an issue.

Maybe more buttons than you like, but less 'menu's / options' per buttons make it easier. Not the flashiest LCD display, but I like it.

NB – Turn off the 'Demo' option

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_732205_langId_-1_categoryId_165474

Not fully iPod compatible, you can't cntrol the ipd from it, but reads it as a CD_ROM. But you can plug a USB stick into it rather than carry around all those CDs.

alanl6538
    Free Member

Could sell you my used Alpine stereo from if you were interested? was an insurance replacement i had fitted last year and since getting a company car it is no longer required.

Has an apple ipod conection, not sure if that would suit you?

Alpine make some of the best stereos about.

was £150-200 last year. would sell for £75

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Pieface that looks just the job just ordered one

alanl6538 thanks for the offer but I would need to fit it myself which I could do but my back is killing me these days and grovelling about in the footwell of an Astra just isnt on at the moment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘looking for new car stereo want to spend about £100’ is closed to new replies.