Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Looking for MTB Race Coaching
  • readikus

I am thinking about getting some coaching sessions to find out why I am not getting any faster. Thinking of going with Torq to have a full assessment and work out a training plan for next seasons. Anyone been with them? Did it help? Any other people I should look at? Mainly into long distance MTB racing (Kielder/12 hour races), but would also like to be able to get out of being stuck in the mid table of the results for 2/4 hour enduros.

iDave
    Free Member

Other coaching services are available… 😉

readikus

Thanks, that’s a really helpful response 😉

c_klein87

depending how much help you want the chris eatough training guides may be useful,some reviews of them here otherwise i believe josh ibbett has started coaching

iDave
    Free Member

As helpful as I can be without blatant advertising……

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Torq know their stuff (look at how well their team-riders place!).

The testing is good & thorough & they will give you a very well-worked out training plan catering to your needs. You have to pay for the ongoing coaching but you do get subsidised energy products.

Its certainly made a difference to my fitness..

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

[Slight hijack] iDave, where in the country are you?[/slight hijack]

iDave
    Free Member

In UK at the min

LabMonkey
    Free Member

Redikus – I can also help – drop me an email.

Cheers, Jon

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Where abouts? Can you email me some details of what you offer as I’m looking into this at the moment. Cheers.

Email in profile.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Kate Potter at AQR?

iDave
    Free Member

*waves at LabMonkey*

LabMonkey
    Free Member

*waves back at idave*

TubsRacing
    Free Member

http://www.mickfairestcyclingcoach.co.uk/ Mick is a cracking guy and has loads of race experience. Good luck!

mrblobby
    Free Member

So what’s the deal with such training plans? How much consultation goes into them and are they properly tailored to each individual? Guessing you can’t really expect too much proper consultation without spending a lot of cash. What’s the benefit of this over, say, a program from a book (the TCC one for example)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Looking for MTB Race Coaching’ is closed to new replies.