Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Looking for maintainance help with my Reba SL's
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Have a set of Reba forks in need of a service. Anyone in the rochdale area willing to show me how it's done please?

No experience of fork fettling and due to not working can't afford to send them away. Can feed you etc. in return for your knowledge! 😆

stumpyjon

Have you got the spare seals etc. yet? Ideally you need the motion control service kit (R5250000) and the air service kit (R5251000). If you want to do a full service you'll need these as well as suspension oil (from memory you need two different wt oils, one for lubing and the other for the damper circuit).

Full service guide can be found here

Suspension oil can be got from your LBS, Chain Reaction Cycles (they seem to carry a decent range of wts) or a motorcycle spares shop. The service kits can be more difficult to get hold of, either try your LBS (I get mine through Ride On in Rawtenstall) or online through TFTuned.

I've not fully serviced mine yet although I have had them apart and cleaned them up. Was going to fully service mine over the winter. If you really need help you could always pop up to me (I'm just north of Bacup) but I can't promise total success. I'm not an expert so can't guarantee that they'll go back together perfectly :lol:.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

It's just a regular clean-up and re-lubing i'm after. I've always stayed clear of suspension – forks anyway. Do the seal service on the rear shock and that's easy enough but forks have always worried me!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Smarty
    Free Member

I had mine apart last winter to remove the spacers for increasing the travel. I read up about how to do it for weeks and asked on the internet if anyone knew how. In the end I took the plunge and dismantled them following instructions and I was surprised how simple they are. I'm local to you too (near Burnley) but like stumpyjon I'm no expert so I wouldn't trust myself to take someones elses forks apart. What I will say is have new seals and oil before you do it. Seals 'cos you may as well replace them while they are apart and oil 'cos you WILL loose what small amount there is in there onto the floor.

Good luck.

Sonor
    Free Member

You'll find the service guide for Reba's here: Service Guides

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Looking for maintainance help with my Reba SL's’ is closed to new replies.