• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by SOAP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Looking for local knowledge on best LBS – Taunton area
  • failbiker
    Free Member

It’s all in the title really. I’m new to the area and I need a decent LBS to get my servicing done. My previous choice was BAB in Burrington, which was expensive, but the service was fantastic.
    I’ve had a couple of disappointing services at one LBS recently. That might just been down to bad luck, but I’ve only swapped in the last couple of years to shop servicing from DIY and I wouldn’t have suffered two on the trail stoppages if I’d done it myself. Both failures were show stoppers and could have been avoided with a simple bolt check.
    Any and all advice is appreciated.

leec247
    Free Member

Try bicycle chain. I use the Bridgwater branch all the time for any work. There always helpful and get things done quickly and properly

Hareydan
    Free Member

Bicycle chain or Ralph Colmans. Both are excellent but BC will probably get it turned round quicker if you’re in a rush.

Bucko

I’ve never used the workshop but the sales and service at Ralph Colman has never disappointed me.

failbiker
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. I have seen the website for Ralph Colman, but not had time to chek the shop out yet. I will do ASAP.

jam-bo

another vote for ralphies.

avoid kings.

mysterymove
    Free Member

Wow that brings back memories – ralphies used to sponsor support me racing back in the day eh hem 20 years ago!

Still drop in when im in the area…

jam-bo

just spotted on facebook, ralphies is closed 12/13th to move into the new shop a few doors down the road.

SOAP
    Free Member

Another vote for Ralphies.
    Kings are sh@te. A Specilized dealer that wouldn’t help a Specialized owner.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Looking for local knowledge on best LBS – Taunton area’ is closed to new replies.